(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (End)

Hmmm, I gotta go for some groceries now so I'll respond woth some IC posting later today.

(GREAT POST BTW!!)

But Edena, you correctly posted that I wasn't in the domain of hope.
Am I now since I wasn't planning to....

And I most certainly hope I didn't turn good.. juck...

So where is my PC now, dead in the void since she wasnt in the Domain of hope?

Alive in the domain of hope with Athas and the whole sphere?

Alive and GOOD (Juck) in the domain op hope?

Alive and with a own sphere outside of the domain of hope in the void?

In what kind of situation am I?

I'd like to know that. Handy for the posts later on.

I was hoping not to get stuck in the domain of hope since I could smell the massive goodness there coming from over a mile away :)

I hoped that my gamble would leave me outside of it and seperate from what would come to suffice there even if it would destroy me in the process.

Independent is what I planned to be. But hell if I got consumed by the Domain of Hope I guess I'll just have to live with that... But the first thing I'm doing is asking the lrod of the Realm Hazen to grant me a unique piece that is inherently neutral.

There I'll build his city, I'll have some nice laws that are inherent there like no violence or war can be made there. Just impossible by magic to do so.

Interesting how that would be, I hope I would have the honour of my formians constructing that capital if I would may call it such of the domain of hope.

You tell me where I stand and from there I'll gotalk to William and you some more :)
You know I stayed outside of the domain of hope for a reason.

A reason to be a bit special of that adn to suffer another fate then the rest. A gamble but keeps things special.

I like to be special :D

-------------------------------

Can I create something out of the void? out of nothingness with my powers and 12th for example?

Would be fun :p

and give me a month long headache to come up with something worthy.

WIlliam, good time for a name of the Realm :D

if I am allowed to construct the city if I am inside.

I would be honored and I can think up of a name if you'd like :)

That would be a honor, to create that city and to build it and design it.
And maybe even name it :D

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
WOW!!!!!!! The Song of Life Triumphant

Edena:

I will have to go out to breakfast soon. However, as I am waiting for family to arrive, I read the IR and here are the first reactions.

As the Demiplane of Hope grows, Hazen shouts for joy. The fear and sorrow he felt at the destruction of Realmspace, Greyspace, Mystaraspace, Athasspace, and Krynnspace is vanished.

"Glory to the Eternal and the powers of god in the highest. May you bless us all, especially our Taraakian brothers. This is more than I could have dreamed. Thank you, thank you," Hazen says, tears of joy flowing down his face as he hugs his wife Sarai and their five children, their spouses, and a score of grandchildren.

Hazen spots Ian Icarus Lannon, Acting President of the United Commonwealth of Toril. He runs over to him, gives him a bear hug, and lifts him in the air. "It is good to see you, Lannon!!"

Lannon has tears in his eyes. "Is this possible? I saw my grandfather, and I thought I saw Ian Payne. I did not know it was possible to be this happy."

"I thought such joy could not be felt outside of the presence of the Eternal," Hazen says. "Yet it is. Only the joy of the Eternal's presence can possibly exceed this. This is a Wonder beyond words."

"The Taraakians will ever be welcome here as brothers, our friends, and defenders of life itself. I am humbled by what they accomplished."

"Lannon, I will be back soon. If I see Ian Payne, I will bring him back here. Meet my wife Sarai, my daughter Jolene,...."
Hazen gives a long introduction to his family then laughs.

He embraces Shyntara and lifts her into the air. He does the same with a startled Prince Corond and a surprised Kessel Gnomeworks.

He embraces Kalanyr and Siobhan, Aurican, Thayadon Fasfoni, Silver Phase, Vaeregoth, and all the other leaders of the great nations and worlds. He blesses them, dances with them, and sings. As an Angel, Hazen finally has a musical voice to match his spirit.

The song is heard, and picked up by the Angels. The composer of the Song of Life in a world near Athas, Turricoren Lival, a gigantic preying mantises, finishes his composition. The Song of Life, completed at last, is song by him and the people of his world. The song blends with that of the Hazen and others, who pick up on the composition.

Throughout the Demiplane of Hope, the Song of Life is played and sung in a way that leaves its creator overwhelmed, tears streaming down his face. The sound of joy is heard throught the Demiplane of Hope.

OOC: I will post again later with details on the powers I control.

This was wonderful, Edena. The writing was magnificent. I felt the hope of the people of the IR as I read your post.

Now, I guess you will found out how many Angels can dance on the Plane of Hope.:D

Tokiwong: A very noble gesture. I think Taraak is already used,but maybe a name based on it will do. The Taraakians will likely approve, as will Taraak himself.

Hazen responds briefly to Iuz's speech, embracing him and Tallindra.

"I thank you, Lord Iuz the Brave, for your courage and your sacrifice. Let there be peace amongst our peoples. The Taraakians are ever welcome amongst us."

Tokiwong

First Post
OOC: How about Taraakus... that works... yeah that was cool...

Iuz smile a gentle smile still glowing, "There will be peace between our peoples... there will be growth and communictation. We have a second chance we must not squander it. My people even now prepare for for their first election... even now our scholars are reviewing a new Constittution for our peoples... we have faith... we have life... and now we must use it to the full extent of our will. Even now, my Talindra carries my unborn son, he will have a future to live in... and I a pleased."

Iuz sends a second message to the Taraakians, "I offer you peace and brotherhood... perhaps marriages between our peoples to cement our bonds... to live with one another is to learn... and our cultures can be better for it..."

Iuz then turns an arched brow to Hazen, "A dancing Angel... impressive... you continue to surprise me."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE AFTERMATH

Anabstercorian is freed of his agreement with the God Emperor, freed by the great explosion and alteration in reality.

He is a slave to the God Emperor no more.

- - -

The taraakian destroyers blast their way into Ravenloft, fighting their way through the defenses of the Mists (which fight them all the way in.)

The taraakians scour the former Domain of Melkor, seeking out all of the 70 million of the people of Oerth who were entrapped here.

They find most of them, still alive.
Those that became undead or were killed, are resurrected.

Those few lost to other Domains, are yielded up by the Domain Lords - the Domain Lords do not wish a fight with the taraakians.

Even though the taraakians do not have the strength to take on and defeat the entire Demiplane of Dread, they have strength enough, and the Darklords want none of it.

The taraakians then return all 70 million of Ravenloft's prisoners to the Demiplane of Hope, where they experience the ecstasy and joy that the others felt - a golden light enwraps them for many long minutes, the aftermath of the great explosion bequeathing to these new people the joy and wonder that was experienced by everyone else.

- - -

The Dark Powers invite Zouron the Dark back to Ravenloft, commenting dryly that the Domain of Hope is not his proper place.
But, state the Dark Powers, it is up to Zouron.
If he returns, he will become a Darklord again.

If he does not return, his Domain will collapse.

Melkor's Domain, now swept clean of prisoners, and with the Shade therein slain by the taraakians, collapses and ceases to exist.

- - -

The taraakians enter the Domain of Hellmaster Phibrizzo, and lay down the law to him.

Allenthrellus and Thracia communicate:

You are the one that murdered hundreds of worlds, and murdered our friends and allies, Hellmaster.

Therefore, you have one of two choices:

You may remain here. If you do, we will not bother you again.
Neither will anyone else - the Five Touches have been overthrown, and nobody from Oerth or anywhere else will be coming to this place to be your prisoners.

Or, you may come with us, but in that case you must agree to our terms, and those are harsh.

You are our prisoner, and your people are our prisoners.
You are condemned to death, with the sentence considered suspended, but not revoked.
Revocation of the death sentence will depend upon your behavior and how willingly you help us.

You will aid us in repairing each and every world you damaged or destroyed with your Red Goo.
Your people will aid us in repairing those worlds.
You will never again use Red Goo, create Red Goo, or otherwise have anything to do with Red Goo or it's byproducts.
You will publicly apologize to all those you have harmed.
You will publicly apologize to all those you have caused to die, once they are raised from the dead.
You will forfeit your entire treasury and all your possessions to us.

Your people will be our subjects from now on.
Your people will abide by our laws from now on.
You and your people will be integrated into the Taraakian Star Empire, and placed in quaranteen, until we are sure it is safe to allow you to leave said quaranteen.
You will be monitored, observed carefully, as will all your people, until we are sure it is safe to allow you to once more roam freely as you would.

We consider these generous terms, considering you and your people murdered billions, and their blood cries out to our blood for retribution.

If you reject these terms, which are not negotiable, then you will be allowed to remain here, in Ravenloft.
Here, you will have all the freedom you wish, and we will not bother you - the Dark Powers are a prison as sure and final as our most secure fastnesses.

The choice, is yours.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz offers a hand to his returned people and gives them safe transport to Taraakus... and Chorazin... where they can rest, party, and recuperate... then party some more. And of course the Firelanders are teaching everyone on Taraakus what a proper orgy is...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers to Forsaken One, who made it possible

Forsaken One posted:

And I most certainly hope I didn't turn good.. yuck...

ANSWER:

Vaeregoth is whatever alignment you want her to be.
So is every other PC in the IR.

So where is my PC now, dead in the void since she wasnt in the Domain of hope?

ANSWER:

Athas is now entirely within the Domain of Hope.
So, thus, is your entire Power.
So, thus, is Vaeregoth.

Alive and GOOD (yuck) in the domain op hope?

ANSWER:

Alive, and whatever alignment you want her to be.

Alive and with a own sphere outside of the domain of hope in the void?

ANSWER:

Alive, and within the Domain of Hope.
Not within a Crystal Sphere. There are no Crystal Spheres in the Domain of Hope.
The Domain of Hope is like our own galaxy, and operates under the normal time-space principals, except that - for the moment - it has only 7 stars.

In what kind of situation am I?

ANSWER:

A position of power.
On half of Athas, you are the supreme power, and you may remake reality there as you please.
The Veiled Alliance holds the other half of Athas.

The other three worlds of the star system, and their moons, are their own Domains, and the rulers of those worlds are setting things up as they wish.
They offer friendship and peace to Athas and her peoples.

I was hoping not to get stuck in the domain of hope since I could smell the massive goodness there coming from over a mile away
I hoped that my gamble would leave me outside of it and seperate from what would come to suffice there even if it would destroy me in the process.

ANSWER:

The Diadem of Dreams can remove you from the Domain of Hope, and recreate Athas in it's own Crystal Sphere, in the normal reality of the Spheres.
This will use up the Diadem of Dreams, and this feat cannot be duplicated again, either by you or anyone else.

Independent is what I planned to be. But hell if I got consumed by the Domain of Hope I guess I'll just have to live with that... But the first thing I'm doing is asking the lord of the Realm Hazen to grant me a unique piece that is inherently neutral.

ANSWER:

Hazen is NOT the Lord of the Realm.
Hazen is NOT the Lord of the Domain of Hope.
Hazen is ONLY Lord of the Kevellond League, and that is the only place where he dictates the rules.
Elsewhere, the IR Powers dictate the rules in their own realms, as is their right.
That includes you. Especially you.

I like to be special

ANSWER:

You are special, IC and OOC.

What Vaeregoth did, in giving the Diadem of Dreams to the taraakians - that act of faith and hope, that sacrifice - will forever enshrine Vaeregoth in Legend.
Tens of thousands of years from now, people will look back on the legendary Queen of the Hive, and her great Pact with the taraakians, and the subsequent miracle.

And of course Vaeregoth would not have done this thing, if you the player had not allowed it.
You made the choice that saved them all from being killed, Forsaken One.

Can I create something out of the void? out of nothingness with my powers and 12th for example?

ANSWER:

You can.
You can expand the Demiplane of Hope.
You are currently in the Demiplane of Hope, which itself is inside the great Sphere of Annihilation, co-existing with it in the Prime Material Plane, the Ethereal Plane, and the Astral Plane.

However, outside of the Demiplane of Hope, normal stuff (for lack of a better phrase) cannot be created inside of a Sphere of Annihilation.

If you go outside of the Sphere, into the normal reality of the Spheres or the Planes, you can create whatever your 12th level magic will allow.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Wow.
You have excellent narrative ability Edena.

IC-
Kalanyr stands beside Siobhan his arms around her

" My love, it seems that peace and happiness are possible. So much that was wrong has been undone. I do believe we have a wedding to organise and a flying city to build. Thank freedom. But we must remember the price of Freedom is eternal vigilance there will be always those who wish to destroy and enslave."

Of course such words seem less sensible coming from a Solar bouncing around all over the place doing cartwheels and dancing,tumbling and singing.

Robots with sentience and free will wandering around in the background, with strange flying serpents and faerie and a few celestials do not exactly add to the solemnous of the occassion either.

The fact that they are standing on a huge floating landmass with as yet undefined terrain and unwritten reality does at least add a little to the feeling of joy and hope.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO TOKIWONG, HAZEN, AND FORSAKEN ONE

Heh.

The people of Toril could help you with the orgy part, Tokiwong, and the Church of Toril offers that help at once!

The taraakians make the Pact with Chorazin and the new world, with the Kevellond League, and with the Hive Cluster (if Vaeregoth wishes it.)

- - -

TO SERPENTEYE

My regrets to you, Serpenteye.
I'm afraid the God Emperor missed out on the fun, as it were.

He can return and resume his rulership of the Union of the Worlds, alongside of Kas - but first Kas has to give him permission to reenter his own realm!

You roleplayed the God Emperor well, and you have my praise for it.
In this particular scenario, though, his stance proved counterproductive, and thus the God Emperor was left out of the grand event.

However, the God Emperor is still the God of the Aerdi, they still worship him fully, and the Union of Oerth is more powerful and prosperous than ever before.

- - -

TO MELKOR

Melkor, I hope you do not feel bad.

They all almost died.
They escaped by a hair, the thinnest hair.
Anabstercorian, Iuz, and Vaeregoth saved them.

I was prepared to end the IR with the total destruction and annihilation of everything, and the total kill of all the PCs, NPCs, and people in it.
Indeed, until this morning, I was not sure of the outcome, and what I would have to write.
Only at the VERY end, did I realize they had saved themselves.

It was that close.

Lord Melkor is free again.

Although he is reduced to a demipower, he can grow in strength again.

Not all the Shade are dead. Only those in this part of the Spheres.
The Plane of Shadow is infinite, and I'm sure Melkor can always find more Shade, and rebuild his power.

Serpenteye

First Post
OOC: Awesome, Edena, absolutely awesome. :)

Alone in the void the God Emperor smiles. It had been a narrow escape, a dangerous gamble, but in the end everything had turned out well for the Union and now they stood more powerful than ever, even if he personally was locked out of his own empire. Temporarily locked out.
A great sphere of nothingness floated beneath him, now sated and stopped in its growth. Billions had died in that, even if their deaths had been undone in the demiplane of hope, he could still hear their souls cry out in agony and feel the residue of their deaths.
Beyond that was the sphere that held most of his attention and continually foiled his attempts to enter it. Time and again he extended his power towards it, probing, searching for a way of entry, he no longer bothered trying to batter trough it. Resigned, he leaned back on the throne he had conjured and sent out a telepathic call to the inside of the plane.

"Kas, my one equal, open the sphere for me. Let me in. Our people still need my guidance, the time of danger has not yet passed."

"Anabstercorian, my servant, let me in. You cannot refuse my order and even if you could you should not. Ilsensine will still hold you to your oath, and so will the Eternal One and Asmodeus."

"Mina, servant of my servant, let me in. The contract your master signed binds you too."

"Vaeregoth, weaver of dreams, let me in. I cannot order you but I will plead to your gratitude. I fought for you, now you have the oppertunity to repay me."

"Hazen, Angel, let me in. Did you not forgive my past deeds? Let me see my daughter once again."

"Everyone, let me in. My negotiations caused you no harm. I realised from the beginning that Anabstercorians sacrifice would balance my greed, and I made his sacrifice possible. You have no reason to not allow me to rejoin with my people."

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz watches his people celebrate on a rolling hill overlooking the foundations for a new city.. overhead the flying city of Chorazin hovering many thousands of feet up... he smiles... "Let them celebrate for now... they have much to be thankful for..."

Talindra nodded, "We owe you everything..." she kissed him on the cheek.

Iuz shook his head no, "Everyone contributed... it was no single effort but the will of the many... Taraakus shall stand as a testament to that will... the Taraakians have accepted our bond... now we must move forward..."

Talindra smiled watching the orgy, "The people at least have a home..."

"Let us see that it stays that way..." Iuz replied...

Remove ads