(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
"On behalf of the Kevellond League, I thank you. I will need to return to my government, but I believe they will appreciate your offer. Indeed, I think many will appreciate your offer. Would it be possible soon to speak on your behalf to my world, and also address the people of Toril? It is time that lies are crushed, and the truth be told. I seek to bring peace and understanding between the peoples of your world and of mine. Ignorance and hatred appear to be the true enemies in this matter. I believe they must be crushed by knowledge, understanding, and compassion."

"Also, I have learned that you, Prime Minister Lesage, are the daughter of Ian Payne. From what I have learned, I believe he would be proud of you. Before I go back to my own land, I would with to say a pray for him and for those who sacrificed so much for your world. I must honor their courage and their love of their peoples and world." How can I, a man who loves his world and will die for it if need be, not honor those who did the same for Toril? If there are others who desire speech with me on behalf of their causes and nations here on Toril, I will listen to them.

"Also, I know there were attempts to block planar access to Toril in the past. I wish there to be access between our worlds. Could you help ensure that this will be so. I fear Vecna will try to rise to full power, hence the need to strike him soon. In the long run, there are the problems of hunger, hatred, poverty, and ignorance. These may prove to be worse foes than Vecna."

"Whatever aid you can provide to our world is appreciated? I know there are limits on your actions, and I respect the limits you must place on yourselves."

If the Lortmils Technomancy has gone a little further in its actions than you might like, we ask that you be reasonable with them. Their motivations seem to be from love of Oerth, not hatred. Ask yourselves what you would have done in their place? I am impressed with their essential decency and yours as well. Because of the farm implements we have purchased, we can now assure a better harvest than we would have. Less people will be hungry because of their efforts.

"With your blessing, Prime Minister, I would like to pay my respect to your father and all those who gave their lives to defend your world. Then, I desire to return to my world. I wish to openly discuss what you have told me here, although if there are some secrets which need to be kept between us, tell me. As a matter of principal, I will not do anything to endanger you, Toril, Oerth, or the relationship of our worlds. If you wish to send ambassadors back with me, I believe they would be warmly welcomed by the Kevellond League and many other lands as well."

Gwilym Raonul seems very reflective. If possible, he would like to visit the monuments to Ian Payne and the monuments for those who died in the previous IR thread. As a follower of Rao, god of peace, he is very impressed at the sacrifices people made in the previous IR threads.(He would like to visit at least a few of the important memorials.) He will then leave for the Kevellond Alliance, relay its opinions of his embassy to Toril, and try to return soon.)

He bows low before LeSage as he finishes his words, and rises. There is hope in his broad, pleasant features as well as respect in his gaze as he looks at Lesage and Forrester.

(Edena: Can you get back to me on my e-mail? )

Reprisal: What was Lesage's reaction to Gwilym Raonul's speech.

Forrester: What was your reaction.

William Ronald

Explorer
Serpent Eye:

Surely if I can offer Iuz truce, you can offer truce to your enemies, who are far less powerful than Iuz. Perhaps they will be impressed with your magnaminity, and realize that they may have thought ill of you needlessly. Even in war there are truces for natural disasters, such as storms and earthquakes. Vecna is a bit more annoying than an earthquake, though perhaps, he is distracted with his goatly paramour? (You did see the post about the gag tribute to Vecna?)

We intend to be at the battle in force. I am arming my warriors, who look forward to standing with you. I am certain that with our full efforts, we shall achieve victory.

(Out of character: We need more people to take sides.)

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Let me know when Gwilym gets back.

Turrosh Mak: Have you received the supplies I have sent you? I look forward to seeing the might of your people in battle. If there are any you know who are being disagreeable with one another, I urge you to counsel mutual cooperation. You have had the strenght, courage, and wisdom to unite those whom many proclaimed would never be united. We urge you to join us in making sure that all who stand to face Vecna do so at full power with no distractions. As a great general, I am sure you understand the importance of this.

SerpentEye: Emperor of Aerdi, greetings. We extend our wishes for your well being and that of your people, who will stand with you in this time of need. We urge a general truce. I cannot guarantee the actions of all factions or all your neighbors. (Out of character: Some other people are going to join the thread.)

In the interim, all parties need to discuss what we will bring to the battle. We need to coordinate actions so that no side accidentally injures an ally or impedes our efforts to defeat Vecna. I look forward to meeting you, and seeing the full might of Aerdi marshalled against Vecna.

Mr. Draco, representative of Kas and his legions:

Have you received the supplies we sent you? Also, we have discussed your needs with the Lortmils Technomancy and we believe they will fully assist you. Your insight into our common foe is most appreciated. If you will pardon a pun, we will do far more than get his goat.

Kalanyr: Do you have the supplies we sent you? We are prepared to cooperate with you and all interested parties fully. We urge a universal truce for this time. Perhaps you could speak on behalf of such a proposal. I do not think it is the time for any to settle old scores, or continue conflicts.

Riot Gear: We look forward to seeing your might join with ours and that of others to utterly crush Vecna. Perhaps you know of someway to help ensure that he never returns.

GnomeWorks: Again, thanks for the assistance and the trade, and technical training. You may wish to give some technical advice on the use of the items that we and others have traded for with you. We still await your word on joining our embassies to Varanaith, the Baklunish-Esmerin League, the Celestial Empire, and elsewhere.

William Ronald

Explorer
Originally posted by SerpentEye:

I do not believe he will be content with only a goat. We send him a pair of gibbering mouthers to sate his appetites. After all he hasn't gotten any in two thousand years.

The Emperor of Aerdi is not merely a master of diplomacy and war, but has a wit that matches his skills in the arts of state and war.

Gibbering mouthers? In light of your gift, I will send you the tale of adventurers who tricked fools into believing they acquired not the Hand or the Eye of Vecna, but the Head of Vecna. It is most amusing.

(As things are slow, you might want to search for it on these boards. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read it. I think it should be required reading for anyone playing a character with a 3 in wisdom.)

We will consult with the Baklunish-Esmerin Alliance and Lord Kas in trying to determine where to place our troops, teleport circles, and other strategems.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
To Turrosh Mak:

We will not allow you to fall. We must stand as one. I am not certain of what negotiations you are referring to with the Great Kingdom, but I do see the need to avoid needless conflict. I will send what you ask and ask allies to contact you directly to assess your needs. Your strength is needed for the battle against Vecna. The Kevellond League plans to see you at the battle. Who dares threaten you, Lord of the Pomarj? If we do not stand together, your children and mine are in peril. I would not have them curse our names if we fall. Especially when there is no more pressing issue in OERTH than the destruction of Vecna. I would not see you beseiged or endangered.

We appreciate your gratitude in standing against Vecna. If we succeed, the future will thank you for your part in this endeavour.

Do you need help in contacting your kin in far lands? Aid in explaining this grave situation to them? We can help them stand with you in this battle. As well as offer some quantity of food to ensure that their kin do not go hungry as they stand by your side in the fight for our world.

GnomeWorks: Thanks again for the aid. Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor will assist you in whatever you need.

Edena: Still waiting for word on whether anyone else on Toril wishes to meet with Gwilym Raonul. Also, check your e-mail again?

William Ronald

Explorer
To Turrosh Mak:

We will not allow you to fall. We must stand as one. I am not certain of what negotiations you are referring to with the Great Kingdom, but I do see the need to avoid needless conflict. I will send what you ask and ask allies to contact you directly to assess your needs. Your strength is needed for the battle against Vecna. The Kevellond League plans to see you at the battle. Who dares threaten you, Lord of the Pomarj? If we do not stand together, your children and mine are in peril. I would not have them curse our names if we fall. Especially when there is no more pressing issue in OERTH than the destruction of Vecna. I would not see you beseiged or endangered.

We appreciate your gratitude in standing against Vecna. If we succeed, the future will thank you for your part in this endeavour.

Do you need help in contacting your kin in far lands? Aid in explaining this grave situation to them? We can help them stand with you in this battle. As well as offer some quantity of food to ensure that their kin do not go hungry as they stand by your side in the fight for our world.

GnomeWorks: Thanks again for the aid. Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor will assist you in whatever you need.

Edena: Still waiting for word on whether anyone else on Toril wishes to meet with Gwilym Raonul. Also, check your e-mail again?

Mr. Draco

First Post
to: turrosh mak. william ronald, gnomeworks, and anybody else i've forgotten

gee, i leave for a few hours, and 3 new pages pop up.

To Turrosh Mak, William Ronald, Gnomeworks, and any others i can't think of that are allied with us against vecna:

Ok, this board is really disorganized with all these posts, maybe we could get alot of this communication between our allaince done through email?

Even If not, could all of you please email me with the:
a) name of your faction (and your screen name here)
b) actions right now
c) general location on Oerth

my email is carpdiem@gte.net

This would help me alot! Thanks in advance!

To: William Ronald (i can't remember your character's name, sorry)
We of the Legions of Kas greatly appreciate your gifts of technology, your offers to introduce us to the gnomes, and your offers of new information about this age, and have one further request. Are there any open lands near your holdings that we could use to set up a nation in? We have no wish to inhabit this battlefield for any extended period of time, also lands of our own would allow us to further develope our forces. In return for such lands, we are willing to share much of our information regarding the higher magic that dissappeared after the "arcane age" as i bellieve you call it, which should be of great worth to you.

To: Gnomeworks
We of the legions of Kas would greatly appreciate any thechnological help you could provide us with.

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
Not that I'll be missed, but...

I'm sorry about the lack of posts on my part (read, zero, as those who've been counting will be quick to think, I'm sure.) It's been increasingly hard to get online - and, as such, I'm going to have to bow out, unfortunately. I really enjoyed the last IR, and had looked forward to participating in this one. A quirky ISP, however, is kinda stuffing that down the drain. I've been near-unable to get online all day - right now, I'm using another computer, at a friend's. That said, this could very well be fixed in several days, but I don't want to jump in that far behind. (I notice I'm already 5 pages behind - last I was able to get on, we were starting the 3rd page.) I just hope to be back on soon... :(

Mr. Draco

First Post
To: Edena

Edena, i was looking over a few pages and found that the evil nation of Rel Astra has not been claimed, if that's still the case, consider this my in character attempt at claiming them:

To the honorable leaders of the great nation Rel Astra,
I am the warrior Kas from what you call the arcane age. I have come to this time to do battle with my eternal enemy, Vecna. After the battle has been brought to a conclusion, I wish to continue my habitance of this time. It is my wish, seeing that you are of like alignment, to unite our forces under my leadership. None who claim citizenship in your land will be demoted under my rule. You may keep your laws and methods of governing, the only exception being that the final coordination of our forces be left to me, and also the final governing.

It is also to your advantage to unite under my leadership because of the current situation with vecna. If we do not stand together against him, we will all fall. Truly your might and my legion's knowladge of the "arcane age" can prove to play an important role in the ridding of vecna during these times. Once he has been dealt with, we can establish a nation secure in its borders, powerful in its forces, and great in its knowladge of things both technological and magical.

(This speech is delivered by me, Kas, in person, surrounded by an honor gaurd of 20 archmages, and 10 summoned elder fire elementals (for effect; read intimidation/impression). Once they give me a reply, or if needed sooner, my honor gaurd (archmages) teleport us back to the main of my army, already hard at work studying the technology provided, developing more technology of our own, and starting to build a city.)

William Ronald

Explorer
To Lord Kas:

Greetings. We are pleased to hear from you.

We will have to search for a place for you. There must be some place for your people besides a battlefield. (Edena, what is ope for settlement.) We will not let your people be destroyed by the by blows of the coming war.

We will render what assistance we can. We will talk to our member states, and do our best on your behalf. Of all of us, you best understand the threat of Vecna. I, for one, am grateful for your aid. I am willing to consider your offer. I will have the top officials of the league begin work IMMEDIATELY to find a home for your people. The Kevellond League values its allies.

We are currently building new roads, some factories, and arming for war. We are working on new ways to move troops on rail and by magic. We are meeting with allies to ensure that all necessary forces are brought to bear on Vecna and his deluded followers.

As an experienced general, perhaps you could explain why there is no need for any of us to fight amongst ourselves. I am not sure that everyone is listening to the call for a universal truce to fight Vecna. I look forward to the coming battle, and joining with you in this mission.

Edena: I will try to set up teleport circles, in coordination with Kas and the Baklunish-Esmerin alliance to make sure I can get troops to the battle quickly. I am going to set up a few bomb proof shelters, much as Turrosh Mak is doing. Including factories, hospitals, and magically enhanced underground gardens for food. If possible, I will set up a rail system.

Turrosh Mak:

How are you? I see that you are preparing for a seige. If you need help, we are willing to assist you. We must stand as one against the common threat of Vecna. (Out of Character: I must legitimately assume that I know NOTHING about your conversations with other parties on this board.) If someone threatens you, I am willing to add my strength to yours. I am certain others would join me in this.

Terraism:

Sorry you have to bow out. Edena will have to figure out how to award the Ulek states. You will definitely be missed.

I will check back in a little while. Edena, we may have to slow things down if anyone else bows out.

:(

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases