(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyx

First Post
So, the chaos hath begun...

The elves are incensed.

There is no other way to put it. Within hours of the Wanderer's message, diplomats are teleporting wildly throughout the elven kingdoms. Vernaith and Celene debate wildly, while the Lortmil elves send their own representatives. Celene demands that Vernaith hold its non-elven people prisoner, the Lortmil severs all its ties with non-elves, but both refuse. In the end, the three nations manage to hold onto their newly founded alliance by their fingernails; Celene does so only out of fear. One has to wonder if Celene's stubbornness might bring the whole alliance to a crushing halt. The elven mages go into action, trying to discover more about this message and it's inherent truthfulness, as well as bolstering defenses among one another. Griffon patrols are stepped up, and the forests begin to radiate a careful watchfulness as the elven druids begin to scry and enlist the trees for defense (the message was not well accepted among them!). The Lortmil elves send a delegation to Greyhawk; of the three nations, it is they who are most likely to find out the most.

At the same time, a great distance away (indeed, beyond several planar boundaries), the prince of Celene, bearing the symbol of Luna, meets with the drow. This is the plane of Ysgard, of eternal battle, but this particular elf bears no conflict. Instead, he begins negotiation with the dark elves, hoping to discover many things. First, why the dark elves want to ally with their surface 'cousins' after so many long years of hate and battle. Second, what the dark elves intend to accomplish in there aftermath of The Message. And third, how the dark elves can help the prince in his own quest to unite the people of Celene who sympathize with the outer world as one.

Submerged beneath these events, a small dwarven community in Vernaith begins to speak with another village much further away, wondering how they can lay their hands on the technology promised by the wanderer's vision...

OOC:

"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper"
(T.S. Eliot, 'The Hollow Men')

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

(I was going to try to do this by e-mail and I will still try to contact people. However, in the light of recent posts, I feel it would be remiss if I did not say something.)

The Grand Alliance has been meeting. We have EXTREME doubts about the veracity of the message sent by one claiming to be the Wanderer. Any partial truth can be used to craft a lie. With no offense to the city of Greyhawk, if we concocted a message showing the actions of the 10 worst of your citizens it would be very uncharacteristic of the truth. Similarly, with no insult to the brave and noble people of Celene, there are those who could misrepresent the Fey Mysteries into something perverse. Indeed, some of your foes have done so in the past, trying to make a depravity out of acts of devotion. Someone is trying to manipulate us, the free peoples of Oerth, and the leaders of Keoland, Veluna, and Furyondy say that we must learn what is the total truth. A half-truth can be far more damaging than a lie. We refuse to panic, or be manipulated. We are sending ambassadors to the following powers:

To the Technomancy of the Lortmils (Gnomework): We wish them to explain their actions, and to determine the truth for ourselves. If we determine that you are friends of Oerth, and not foes, we wish to discuss matters of mutual interest. It is quite possible that if you are indeed people who legitimately wish a better future for Oerth - but not as a colony of Toril - we may be able to ally. We are far closer than Aerdi and far more reasonable. You know our resources well, and we are neighbors. Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor will be arriving shortly.

To the Baklunish-Esmerin Confederation: We see Vecna as a threat and are willing to work with you in the common interest of our world. In the past we may have had difficulties, but we respect your faith and your cutures. Now is the time for all who love Oerth to stand as one.

To Frigid_Spleen: An ambassador arrives to ask if they know of any celestials on Toril or knowledgeable about Toril. (Edena: If they know of Hope Island, the ambassador wishes to go there and learn about Toril for himself from the angels.) The ambassador, Gwilym Raonul, will be willing to speak with the powers of Toril with the celestials of Arborea asked to

To Black_Omega, leader of Highforlk, the Peoples of the Vesve, and the Sepia Uplands: We have long considered you friends. We ask you to join us in our ambassadorial missions. Our nations should stand together. We ask that you add our wisdom to ours in determining the truth. If need be, we will stand with you against your foes.

To Kesh, Leader of the Yeomanry and Geoff; In the past, our nations have made severe mistakes. Our nations are in the process of establishing parliaments that will give our common people more of a voice in our governments. Indeed, it seems that many of our past wrongs in our actions have occurred when we have not listen to our people. We ask that you and the leaders of Highfolk, Vesve, and the Sepia Uplands join us in our ambassadorial missions. We must learn if this message we received was accurate, or a lie. We also stand with you as allies, if you so desire it.

To Terraism, Leader of the Ulek States: You are a shining example of what this world should be: nations where peoples of diverse background and belief stand together in peace. Please, join us in our efforts to learn the truth. We stand with you.

To the Queen of Celene, the Knights of Luna, the Empire of Varanaith, and the Lendore Isles:

To Yolande, Queen of Celene: We counsel caution. We need to determine the truth of what has transpired. We seek your counsel as well. Join us in our efforts and ambassadorial missions. Your people are wise and courageous. It is our hope to have better relations with you and your people. Lady Rhalta of All Elvenkind, we wish you and your people well.

To Varanaith: While there is much about your land we do not understand, we see much that is good in your culture. We have found that diverse people, united in friendship and freedom, can achieve more together than separately. Please accept our ambassadors and join us in our efforts to determine the best course for our peoples. Please join us in our embassies.

To the Lendore Isles: We greet you in peace and friendship. We ask for your advice and assistance. Your people are renowned for their lore and good judgement. Help us determine what is the truth. We would wish you to join our ambassadors in learning the truth of Toril. If Toril is as the message portrayed, obviously we would have no truck with anyone who wishes to subjugate our world. However, we have our doubts about the message. Surely, you - leaders of one of the most magical lands in Oerth - realize that we must determine the truth for ourselves.

To the Knights of Luna: You are among the most famous orders in the Flanaess, renowned for courage, skill, and good judgement. Speak to us, and help us determine the truth. Your wisdom and courage may be needed in the coming days.

To D'Anconia, Leader of the Iron League and allied powers: We are far from your lands, but have admired your heroic struggle for self determination. Join us in our efforts to judge whether the message we received is truth or a lie seeded with half-truths.

To Zelda, leader of Ratic the Frost Barbarians, the Snow Barbarians, and the Ice Barbarians: You represent brave nations who know that what seems true is not always so. Iuz falsely impersonated Vatun, and used too many brave warriors for his own ends. Join us in determining the truth of the message, and our embassies. As you know, the people of our lands have the blood of many peoples, including the Suel, flowing throw us. We wish you well, and seek your counsel. Please add your ambassadors to those we plan to send to learn the truth.

Finally, Gran March, Keoland, Veluna, and Furyondy announce that they are forming the Kevellond League. The League is a body of nations united for trade, defense, and the promotion of peace. We are also increasing the representation of our peoples in the affairs of our governments. We invite all those who wish to speak to us to do so. If you desire to ally with us, we will consider. In this time of turmoil, we ask that those who are friends of Oerth join our consideration of what we have heard and seen. We stand for an Oerth where its peoples determine its destiny, with respect and dignity for individuals and cultures. We ask that you proceed carefully in your actions. Let us remember that regardless of our differences in race, species, or faith, we are all the children of Oerth.

Edena; If Spellsinger's people are known to us, we will try to contact them. Very carefully.

If we hear any message from Kalanyr, we send him our concerns and counsel patience.

I also send embassadors to the Celestial Empire, Nyrond, the Urnst states, the Touv and Olman peoples, and anyone I whom I can reasonably rely on to let an ambassador speak and depart safely.

Out of role playing:

We need more players. If you are reading this thread, please take a side.

Edena: I really want to have my side and everyone else learn what has happened in the previous IR threads. As I indicated to you in my e-mail, my side is very suspicious of the message we received. Would it be possible to have those representing Toril speak, once my ambassadors arrive, to speak on the boards?

If any wish to speak with me privately, I will be checking my e-mail frequently.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
To SerpentEye:

Rulers of the Empire of Aerdi, we have received your message. The Kevellond League represents one of many nations in our area, so we will take your offer of alliance under advisement.

(SerpentEye: I am going to be quite busy for the next 12 hours.)

Also, did the people I contact receive their messages.

Edena:

How is my efforts to contact the celestials of Arborea (Frigid_Spleen) going? I want to at least find out the truth behind the message. (As per my e-mail to you and your response.)

Also, you should rule if Serpenteye is successful in his attempt to ban the worship of the gods in Aerdi and emerge as a deity.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Drow will agree to Iuz's terms, however, we are going to make sure we understand this technology sufficiently to find ways to counter it before it is sent to Iuz. Iuz will be informed we are summoning his demonic bretheren and that it is also my intent to deal with the Arch-Lich first, neither Lolth nor Vhaerun nor my personal plans at same stage in the future would benefit from Vecna as Lord of All.

Alyx- The drow the Prince has requested are sent,do with them as you please (I'm e-mailing you with what the drow have informed you of right now)

An emissary is sent to the Grand Alliance (someone expendable in case things go bad) counselling war with these outsiders after all even if the Wanderer's Sending is false we have much to worry about with Vecna without having to look over our shoulders every 6 seconds for what this other-spherers are up to.

Edena-For placement of Baelros and his forces, I wish to be able to send large armies as strike forces from there if necessary therefore I wish it be built on the opposite side of Drow Territory to the Vault of the Drow sof course it must still be near enough to other countries to be of use (that is if my original plan puts t in the arctic or useless wasteland etc, move it inwards)

The Orcish Empire- Your alliance is most certainly accepted.

The Drow are also sending emissaries to the Unseelie Faerie asking alliance against what they saw happening to their kin on Toril.

And I am sending a drow courier across the planes to the Drow of Toril, I wish to know more of their fate.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Lortmils Technomancy is a tad worried.
The sending did not exactly shed a favorable light on our advances thus far.
We know that our technology is not like that which the sending displayed.
We want to protect our technology and safeguard it closely immediately, and protect ourselves from whatever may try to destroy our technology because of the sending.

Lortmils thus accepts the offered alliances with the Empire of Aerdi and the Kevellond League.

OOC:
OOC: Sorry it took so long for me to post

Kalanyr

Explorer
Originally posted by Serpenteye
The Commonwealth of Toril and the armies of Vecna are the greatest threats to the peoples and nations of Oerth. We might be willing to ally with any power who feels the same way as long as you do not threathen our own interests. We will trade non-sensitive goods and services with anyone we are not at war with.

The Great Empire of Aerdi

The Drow have more important things to do than war with you in the face of Vecna and this outerworld threat, we accept this peace.

I do however intend to send (by teleportation) well disguised spies ,as well as an open emissary ,inside the Lortmils, I wish to learn more of what they are doing.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
GnomeWorks, Edena, everyone I contacted:

Have you received my messages. I desire your counsel.

So far, we don't even know if these outworlders are a threat or not. Really, I do not believe everything I here or see. Nor should anyone else.

I agree that Vecna is a major threat. Perhaps we should talk.

(Logging off till tomorrow. I am hoping for several more replies. Also, let's not get too overboard. We still need some more players. )

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- SerpentEye, hey I was going to take advantage of this opportunity for Divince Ascension too (take a look at my earlier post about Vecna's threat for proof), heh looks like we think alike.

IC-
Given Vecna's presence I think I will move my plans forward,
Kalanyr wishes to start a cult in honor of himself as the great Warleader, one small enough not to anger Lolth and Vhaerun, (I merely seek Demidietyhood or if Vecna appears to be succeeding Lesser (so I fall to Demi), I have no wish to be Banned from the Prime) and seeks Vhaerun's and Lolth's favour in aiding his ascension.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The suggestion of the Orcs is wise, messengers will be sent to Kaz offering aid.

The Drow offer the empire of Aerdi trade in the form of the valuable (but non-magical) resources we can supply from underground (gems,metals,stone,a few Hill Giants for labor etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases