• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) What would your PC do if he or she received the Wanderer's Sending - Thread Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Yes, please - let us restart anew. Going to school made me miss out on, oh, about 12 pages of information. I left for 3 hours on Saturday, and the original thread gained about 4 pages!

I am all for restarting the thread. Not only that, but some of us (myself included) are missing a little bit of information, such as maps. Also, perhaps we could do the restart in rounds, similar to a normal battle? That way, it would be a bit more structured, but it would probably take longer. Just a suggestion.

William Ronald

Explorer
GnomeWorks:

Good point. I did a quick check of the LGG and found lots of stuff Edena put in, such as Esmerin.

I think people need to be familiar with the GH setting. So more time would allow us to familiarize ourselves and for Edena to add a few more surprises.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
William Ronald said:
Darkness:

I join with you in giving Edena time. Heck, I don't know where he has found the time to be everywhere on the thread.
He's 9 days ahead of us, remember? :D

(BTW, I saw this glitch too, and - for a while - overlooked some mails from other people because of it: I sort my mail by date, and even though some other mails were newer than Edena's, Edena's ended up on top of my mailbox since they say that they are the newest ones. :p BTW, please don't feel bad about this, Edena; it really caused no trouble and also wasn't your fault, my friend! :))

William Ronald

Explorer
There, that explains how Edena was everyone on the boards.

HE'S A TIME LORD FROM THE PLANET GALLIFREY!!!

Quick, where did you hide the TARDIS and do you know the Doctor?

(Doctor Who theme song begins playing in the background.)

Alyx

First Post
OOC

Well that was ant-climatic. I go to bed, dreaming of all the horrors that I'll have to fight through to catch up with in the new thread, and then I find out that nothing has happened as of yet. There goes my panic and worry, snuffed out like a candle in an elemental windstorm...

I too say 'AYE'. With any luck, this time I'll be ready when the new IR starts.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Mullagain

I also say that we start over. Things will be a lot more fun, if there are more people, yes?

A lot less work for you as well.

I sugest that you let things sit for a little bit, get some rest, and then e-mail everyone who you know is participating a day or so ahead of time. That way none of the "Regestered players " will be surprised and miss the first fifteen pages.

Also, I want the Uleks, they are rightfully part of Pomarj terretory.

Last edited:

RiotGear

First Post
Aye

I agree that we should start over. If we do, we can sort things out a bit more - I'm personally a bit confused as to what my assets capabilities and limitations are, and I really think that some of us need limits placed on our powers, to make things more interesting. Besides, I want to get the "Not Only Improved, But Completely Post-Paradigmic Mind Blast" feat.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Forrester

William Ronald said:

While my side has worked with or against several different factions, I have to say that I personally like the participants. If we do start the thread again, there may be a lot of similarities. (Lots of thanks for the wine I sent everyone sending troops. Hmm, wonder how Turrosh Mak's troops liked the wine.)

They liked it fine. Perhaps a little to much as I suspect that a certain Generial of mine was drinking your wine when he led my troops to toril. ;)

Seriously though, There will be similarites and there will be diferences. If nothing else this has given everyone a feal for everyone elses characters. Plus, hopefully, others will be able to participate, which will change things dramaticly.

Hopefully the Torilian factions will be willing to play too.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
This is Edena_of_Neith, and I have finally read all the posts.

The following people are willing to start over. To all of those who are, my gratitute and appreciation.

Alyx
Black Omega
Darkness
Mr Draco
Forrester
The Forsaken One
GnomeWorks
JohnBrown
Maudlin
Lord Melkor (Talos)
Rhialto
Riot Gear
Serpenteye
William Ronald
Turrosh Mak

This is sufficient. Enough people have supported me that we can do it. We can start again.

I urge you to check out Greyhawk URLs.
There is an easy way to find them.

Go to http://www.dogpile.com
Type in Greyhawk, or Greyhawk Maps, or World of Greyhawk.
You will get the top 10 replies from 15 search engines.
You can then look at Greyhawk URLs, and find maps, information, and more stuff than you can throw a stick at on Greyhawk.

And a map is truly worth a thousand words.

Greyhawk is divided up into a large number of small, squabbling nations. All of them have a history of war with each other, even the good ones.
But I cannot describe the Flanaess; even though I can picture it in my own head, I cannot through words relay it to you.

Varnaith is not on any map. It is my own creation and lies offmap to the southwest, beyond the Amedio Rainforest.
The Solistarim are not on the map. They are my own creation, and lie offmap to the northwest, north of the Black Ice.
The nation of Hemmorj is on the area the maps show, but you won't see it. It lies between the Black Ice, the Tiger Nomads, and the Drawmij Ocean, west of Blackmoor. Much of the Burneal Forest is claimed by it.
The Spirit Empire of Garnak is in the area of the map on the western side shown as the Dry Steppes, it's capital around the small lake shown there (Lake Udrugandar.) Garnak has transformed much of the Dry Steppes into lush forest, and it is a physically big nation.
Istivar is east of Garnak, much small, and nestles in the niche of the mountains where the Sulhaut and Hellfurnaces meet.

You won't find Esmerin on the map. This legendary land of halflings and giants is way offmap, to the west.
West of Garnak, separated from it by broken hills and desert, sitting up in an area of high mountains and deep valleys.
Beyond Esmerin, way way offmap to the west of the Flanaess, is the Celestial Imperium.
It is a huge place. It is an oriental setting, also.

Garrel Enkdal is a mountain nation west of Ratik, and east of the Theocracy of the Pale. Most maps do not show it.

The Touv and Olman are islands off of Hempmonaland in the southeast ... most maps do not show them.

The rest of the map for this IR thread is as per the official setting.

- - -

If you look at the official map, you will see that the nations of the Flanaess can be divided into distinct groupings:

The Baklunish human nations

Zeif, Ekbir, Tusmit, Ket, Yecha, Ull, the Paynims, Istivar, the Spirit Empire of Garnak.

The neutral and good Oeridian human nations of the west.

Furyondy
Veluna (which is also part demihuman)
Keoland

There are a number of smaller neutral and good Oeridian human nations around these 3 strong nations:

Bissel, Gran March, Sterich (now occupied by giants), Geoff, the Yeomanry, and on the northeast side The Shieldlands.

Then there are the neutral and good Oeridian human nations of the central-east:

Nyrond, the County of Urnst, the Duchy of Urnst.

Then there are the evil Oeridian human nations of the east:

The Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, United Ahlissa.

The above nations take up a greater part of the whole region.

There is a distinct grouping of small nations in the heartland of the Flanaess. I can only call them the Free Nations:

The Free City of Verbobonc.
The Free City of Dyvers
The gnomes and dwarves of the northern Lortmils
The people of the Gnarley Forest
The Free City of Greyhawk

Just to the south of these are the Lortmil Technomancy and Celene, and southeast of them is the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj.
And on the southwestern side of the Lortmils, next to Keoland but independent from it, are the three Uleks - they are demihuman nations all.

To the north of Furyondy is another small grouping of nations, another Free Peoples, as it were:

Highfolk, the People of the Vesve Forest (which is huge), the gnomes of the Sepia Uplands, and Perrenland.
Also, Mordenkainen has his Citadel of Steel up here, in the Yatils.

In the east, Adri Forest straddles the boundary between Nyrond and the Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, and it is a battleground.
Ditto the Stonelands directly north, where dwarves and gnomes fight to keep their lands free.
East of the Stonelands is the Bone March, an area overrun by humanoids and undead.

Going up the coast from the Bone March, you find Ratik, then the Frost Barbarians, then the Snow Barbarians, and rounding back along the great Thilronian Peninsula you find the Ice Barbarians.

West of the Ice Barbarians, standing on the north shore all by itself and proud of it, is the Hold of Stonefist.
South of Stonefist is the nation of Tenh which they conquered, and southeast of there - north of Nyrond - is the religious dictatorship of the Theocracy of the Pale, which is infamous for staying out of conflicts.

Everything from north of the Vesve in the west, clear over to Tenh in the east, and south to the Nyr Dyv north of Greyhawk City in the middle, is the Empire of Iuz.

To the southwest of Greater Ahlissa is the Iron League, isolated and trapped.
To the dead south of Greater Ahlissa is the nation of Sunndi, and south of them is the Vast Swamp, where Acererak lives.

Go down further on that peninsula, and you come to the home of the Scarlet Brotherhood, which owns all of the southern oceans, and holds a good part of Hempmonaland in the far southeast.
These are Suel humans (as are the Frost/Snow/Ice barbarians) and they are conniving, clever, and very deadly.

Southeast of Greater Ahlissa is the Grandwood and Rel Astra, both fiercely independent.
Off the coast are the Hold of the Sea Princes, pirates who ravage the coastline.
And very far off the coast, on the easternmost part of the map, are the Lendore Isles.

- - -

Now, I just recited all of that from memory, with no map to consult.
It may make no sense to those of you who have not seen any map, and why should it?
The description above wouldn't make any sense to me, if I read it!
But if I saw a map of the Flanaess, it would make sense pretty quick.

- - -

I need to know ... are you happy with what you have claimed?
If not, then tell me here on the board.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
This is Edena_of_Neith, and I have finally read all the posts.

The following people are willing to start over. To all of those who are, my gratitute and appreciation.

Alyx
Black Omega
Darkness
Mr Draco
Forrester
The Forsaken One
GnomeWorks
JohnBrown
Maudlin
Lord Melkor (Talos)
Rhialto
Riot Gear
Serpenteye
William Ronald
Turrosh Mak

This is sufficient. Enough people have supported me that we can do it. We can start again.

I urge you to check out Greyhawk URLs.
There is an easy way to find them.

Go to http://www.dogpile.com
Type in Greyhawk, or Greyhawk Maps, or World of Greyhawk.
You will get the top 10 replies from 15 search engines.
You can then look at Greyhawk URLs, and find maps, information, and more stuff than you can throw a stick at on Greyhawk.

And a map is truly worth a thousand words.

Greyhawk is divided up into a large number of small, squabbling nations. All of them have a history of war with each other, even the good ones.
But I cannot describe the Flanaess; even though I can picture it in my own head, I cannot through words relay it to you.

Varnaith is not on any map. It is my own creation and lies offmap to the southwest, beyond the Amedio Rainforest.
The Solistarim are not on the map. They are my own creation, and lie offmap to the northwest, north of the Black Ice.
The nation of Hemmorj is on the area the maps show, but you won't see it. It lies between the Black Ice, the Tiger Nomads, and the Drawmij Ocean, west of Blackmoor. Much of the Burneal Forest is claimed by it.
The Spirit Empire of Garnak is in the area of the map on the western side shown as the Dry Steppes, it's capital around the small lake shown there (Lake Udrugandar.) Garnak has transformed much of the Dry Steppes into lush forest, and it is a physically big nation.
Istivar is east of Garnak, much small, and nestles in the niche of the mountains where the Sulhaut and Hellfurnaces meet.

You won't find Esmerin on the map. This legendary land of halflings and giants is way offmap, to the west.
West of Garnak, separated from it by broken hills and desert, sitting up in an area of high mountains and deep valleys.
Beyond Esmerin, way way offmap to the west of the Flanaess, is the Celestial Imperium.
It is a huge place. It is an oriental setting, also.

Garrel Enkdal is a mountain nation west of Ratik, and east of the Theocracy of the Pale. Most maps do not show it.

The Touv and Olman are islands off of Hempmonaland in the southeast ... most maps do not show them.

The rest of the map for this IR thread is as per the official setting.

- - -

If you look at the official map, you will see that the nations of the Flanaess can be divided into distinct groupings:

The Baklunish human nations

Zeif, Ekbir, Tusmit, Ket, Yecha, Ull, the Paynims, Istivar, the Spirit Empire of Garnak.

The neutral and good Oeridian human nations of the west.

Furyondy
Veluna (which is also part demihuman)
Keoland

There are a number of smaller neutral and good Oeridian human nations around these 3 strong nations:

Bissel, Gran March, Sterich (now occupied by giants), Geoff, the Yeomanry, and on the northeast side The Shieldlands.

Then there are the neutral and good Oeridian human nations of the central-east:

Nyrond, the County of Urnst, the Duchy of Urnst.

Then there are the evil Oeridian human nations of the east:

The Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, United Ahlissa.

The above nations take up a greater part of the whole region.

There is a distinct grouping of small nations in the heartland of the Flanaess. I can only call them the Free Nations:

The Free City of Verbobonc.
The Free City of Dyvers
The gnomes and dwarves of the northern Lortmils
The people of the Gnarley Forest
The Free City of Greyhawk

Just to the south of these are the Lortmil Technomancy and Celene, and southeast of them is the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj.
And on the southwestern side of the Lortmils, next to Keoland but independent from it, are the three Uleks - they are demihuman nations all.

To the north of Furyondy is another small grouping of nations, another Free Peoples, as it were:

Highfolk, the People of the Vesve Forest (which is huge), the gnomes of the Sepia Uplands, and Perrenland.
Also, Mordenkainen has his Citadel of Steel up here, in the Yatils.

In the east, Adri Forest straddles the boundary between Nyrond and the Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, and it is a battleground.
Ditto the Stonelands directly north, where dwarves and gnomes fight to keep their lands free.
East of the Stonelands is the Bone March, an area overrun by humanoids and undead.

Going up the coast from the Bone March, you find Ratik, then the Frost Barbarians, then the Snow Barbarians, and rounding back along the great Thilronian Peninsula you find the Ice Barbarians.

West of the Ice Barbarians, standing on the north shore all by itself and proud of it, is the Hold of Stonefist.
South of Stonefist is the nation of Tenh which they conquered, and southeast of there - north of Nyrond - is the religious dictatorship of the Theocracy of the Pale, which is infamous for staying out of conflicts.

Everything from north of the Vesve in the west, clear over to Tenh in the east, and south to the Nyr Dyv north of Greyhawk City in the middle, is the Empire of Iuz.

To the southwest of Greater Ahlissa is the Iron League, isolated and trapped.
To the dead south of Greater Ahlissa is the nation of Sunndi, and south of them is the Vast Swamp, where Acererak lives.

Go down further on that peninsula, and you come to the home of the Scarlet Brotherhood, which owns all of the southern oceans, and holds a good part of Hempmonaland in the far southeast.
These are Suel humans (as are the Frost/Snow/Ice barbarians) and they are conniving, clever, and very deadly.

Southeast of Greater Ahlissa is the Grandwood and Rel Astra, both fiercely independent.
Off the coast are the Hold of the Sea Princes, pirates who ravage the coastline.
And very far off the coast, on the easternmost part of the map, are the Lendore Isles.

- - -

Now, I just recited all of that from memory, with no map to consult.
It may make no sense to those of you who have not seen any map, and why should it?
The description above wouldn't make any sense to me, if I read it!
But if I saw a map of the Flanaess, it would make sense pretty quick.

- - -

I need to know ... are you happy with what you have claimed?
If not, then tell me here on the board.

Here are the current claims, as they stand:

Alyx - Varnaith, the Celestial Imperium, the Lendore Isles - 75 points
Alzem - The Scarlet Brotherhood - 30 - NOTE: but Alzem has not posted, so I am putting the Scarlet Brotherhood up for grabs again.
Black Omega - Highfolk, the People of the Vesve, the gnomes of the Sepia Uplands, the Faerie of the Flanaess - 47
D'Aconia - The Iron League - 17 - NOTE: D'Aconia has not posted, so I am putting the Iron League up for grabs again.
Darkness - Zeif, Ekbir, Tusmit, Ket, Yecha, Ull, the Paynims, Istivar, Garnak - all the Baklunish nations, Esmerin - 54
Mr Draco - Rel Astra and it's allies, the People of the Grandwood, Kas and his Legions - 41
Forsaken One - The Unseelie of the Flanaess (the evil Faeries), the Devils - 13
Frigid Spleen - The Eladrin - 10
GnomeWorks - The Technomancy of the Lortmils, the Eastern League of Nyrond, the County of Urnst, and the Duchy of Urnst - 58
John Brown (The Empire of Iuz - 32
Kalanyr - The Drow of Oerth - 34
Kesh - The Yeomanry, Geoff - 19 - Kesh definitely needs a bigger say in things, IMO.
Maudlin - Acererak, Acererak's Minions - 20
Lord Melkor (Talos) - The Church of Shade - 83
Rhialto - The Black Brotherhood - 7 - Rhialto needs a bigger say in things too, IMO
Riot Gear - The Solistarim, Blackmoor, Heimmorj - 32
Serpenteye - The Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, Greater Ahlissa - 52
Spellslinger - The robots from S3 - 7
Teraism - The County, Duchy, and Principality of Ulek - 21 NOTE: Teraism has not posted, so these powers are up for grabs again.
Turrosh Mak - The Orcish Empire of the Pomarj - 25
William Ronald - Furyondy, Veluna, Keoland, and Gran March and Bissel - 45
Zelda - Ratik, the Frost/Snow/Ice Barbarians - 23 NOTE: Zelda has not posted, so these powers are up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads