(IR) What would your PC do if he or she received the Wanderer's Sending - Thread Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudlin

First Post
Re: OOC

Alyx said:

Isn't that the best way to make sure ytou have the last word! LOL.

Yeah, it's a wonder self-destruction isn't more widely accepted as a debating technique :)

No really, wasn't trying to force the last word, I just assumed you wouldn't change your mind unless the circumstances were likewise changed.

Rhialto

First Post
Sigh...

Shows what happens when you miss a few posts...

Start the whole thing over, if you wish.

Maybe I'll be able to join in this time...

Last edited:

Well, it sucks a bit since I was just about to unleash a modified version of Karsu`s Avatar that would dispel all magic save Shadow-based, would it be enough to defeat Rising Sun and its allies Edena?, if not I also had a plan to summon Crawling City into Oerth and unleash the entire might of Yugoloth race against those that oppose The Shadow, in exchange Daemons would get their souls.

Serpenteye

First Post
IR!

OOC:
Edena there is no need to start from scratch. I have saved the old thread to my harddrive and will send it to you if you want. Then you can repost it.
My internetconnection sucks at the moment so it could take a few hours.

Serpenteye

edit: If everybody would rather start a brand new IR-thread, I will reluctantly participate. I would much rather continue the current thread, I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
If this IR is still being played

The great Empire of Aerdi makes contact with all the powers of Evil; Shades, Scarlet Brotherhood, Kas, Devils, Iuz, Drow, Acarerak, Solistarim and the Pomarj (and any others I might have forgotten), and offers peace and alliance:
What will the forces of Good do while the forces of evil fight amongst themselves? They will ally with each others and might even attack us while we are all weakened by the war. They are already growing too close to each others, they are already growing too powerful. I do not want the same to happen here that happened on Toril. A league of united Evil could wipe them all out (unless "Edena's Angels" intervene). Perhaps we should divide their lands between us.

Serpenteye

First Post
If this IR is still being played

The great Empire of Aerdi makes contact with all the powers of Evil; Shades, Scarlet Brotherhood, Kas, Devils, Iuz, Drow, Acarerak, Solistarim and the Pomarj (and any others I might have forgotten), and offers peace and alliance:
What will the forces of Good do while the forces of evil fight amongst ourselves? They will ally with each others and might even attack us while we are all weakened by the war. They are already growing too close to each others, they are already growing too powerful. I do not want the same to happen here that happened on Toril. A league of united Evil could wipe them all out (unless "Edena's Angels" intervene). Perhaps we should divide their lands between us.

William Ronald

Explorer
Technology isn't our only problem on the boards

Edena:

I go to bed, eat, and do a few other things, and all hell breaks lose.

I join with those who wish a new start to the thread. The lost posts are vital to understanding what happened. Also, I missed out on a lot. There were a lot of actions I would have taken if I was awake over night.

When would you like to start? Also, you are definitely going to need firm commitments from people to play sides. It looks like Reprisal and Terraism are out of it. Perhaps Forrester will consent to represent the UC of Toril.

I am willing to stay as the Kevellond League. Perhaps we should start out with who has taken what, and try to get a firm commitment.

I think SerpentEye's offer is very generous. But it does not solve the problem of people who committed to play a side and did not show up. If we have to give this thread more time, I am for it.

Indeed, the people who did not show up and find everything has advanced might be upset. (We have to consider the right of everyone who signed up to participate.) In order for this thread to work, we need more people who will be ACTIVE players.

Also, postponing the thread and restarting might give you time to get a reliable Internet Service Provider. I suggest that you talk to the moderators about some of the problems you have been having. My gut instincts tell me it is best to postpone this.

This has been fun. But if the boards are not working with us, we have to start over.

William Ronald

Explorer
If this IR Thread is still being played

The Kevellond League sends offers of peace, alliance and mutual aid to all neutral and good aligned powers. If any of these forces are attacked, we will join with you. (OOC: I was asleep during the Sunndi incident and the invasion of Celene. I might have responded. Probably. DEFINITELY. One of the problems I had with the thread is that a lot of the players were not around while things were going on in their countries.) We seek to end any conflict on the planet right now.

We urge all sides to STAND DOWN for now.

(COMPLETERLY OUT OF CHARACTER FOR THE REST OF THIS POST):

We have to give Edena time to decide what to do. His ISP is unreliable. Heck, when I receive an e-mail from him the date field is about nine days in the future! Also, we still have the problem of too few players. For now, I suggest that we stand down as well. We need to be fair to everyone involved in this thread of who wants to be involved. (I do have to do a few things besides being on the boards.)

I want everyone to have a chance to join in the fun. We have to await Edena's decision. For now, I suggest that this thread is in the equivalent of a Time Stop.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena_of_Neith said:
I most certainly am declaring a halt to the IR until everyone has answered yea or nay.

We cannot continue until this is resolved.

If we can start over, I would love that.

If we can't ... (sighs) ... I would continue the IR from this point.

Again, I plead with you to support me. Let's begin again.

After all, I made some serious mistakes anyways, which I would not make a second time around.

And you'all know who you are playing now, and your plots and plans are already formulated in your minds!
I'm with you, Edena. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Darkness:

I join with you in giving Edena time. Heck, I don't know where he has found the time to be everywhere on the thread.

I personally lean towards starting at ground zero once we get firm commitments from people to play their sides. Also, Edena has his his own technical headaches.

For now, let us rest.

Edena: You might need to supply a summary of the previous IR Threads as background for the players. Whether their characters know about the events on Toril will depend on your decision. (If we start over again, Aberstercornian and anyone from the Torillian factions will be aware of the events of the previous threads. I did e-mail a few people the bare bones of the previous threads as an ambassadorial report.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads