• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iran's Guardian Council gives final Persian approval to nuclear pact with the West

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Per ABC News: Iran has now ratified the pact.

The US Congress has not approved the pact, as far as I know.
(Did US Senate approval die in committee? Were the required conditions ever met for it to be considered? I've lost track on our end.)

Anyway, much of the sanctions relief for Iran now seems to be a done deal: most US allies are rolling back, or have rolled back, their participation. (If I'm getting my facts wrong on this, please say; I'm working on weeks-old memories, here.)

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Awesome isn't it? Rouhani deserves praise both for gains made for the Iranian people and for improving international relations.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
. . . and for any readers who don't want to click through the link, the upshot is this:

The Republican resolution to reject the agreement failed a procedural vote on a Democratic filibuster, so the resolution went down to defeat.

This still leaves open the possibility that the GOP might try to pass resolutions preventing the end of US sanctions on Iran; but any such effort also faces the possibilities of filibuster and probable veto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads