IRON DM General Discussion

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Except only one of those three stat blocks is different from what you'd find in the SRD.
Yikes. Yeah, if it were that important to me to include stats for a creature, I'd abbreviate it like crazy to save on words. "This creature uses the SRD stats for a Zombie, except as noted here: lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..."

But the best bet would be to avoid stats at all. "A weird zombie with knives for hands" or whatever.

I once included the stats for a monster in an Iron DM entry, long ago. The judge...wasn't impressed.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
If anyone wants to volunteer to simply check word counts for entries that have been archived on the google drive, I can give you access. I am using google doc's word counter for simplicity's sake - and I can show you what I am counting towards that count for each entry.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Looks like IRON DM 2009 was the first 16-entrant tournament and the first with a panel of judges (at least the first we still have available). There is an organizing thread that goes along with it, but nothing I can see about determining the longer format with multiple judges. If @Nifft, @Radiating Gnome, or @phoamslinger are still around, I'd love to hear from them how they came up with this format (esp. if there is an existing discussion thread).

Along with archiving the tournaments themselves, I want to create a "History of IRON DM" page that mentions various innovations and changes to the game.

Rune

Once A Fool
Looks like IRON DM 2009 was the first 16-entrant tournament and the first with a panel of judges (at least the first we still have available). There is an organizing thread that goes along with it, but nothing I can see about determining the longer format with multiple judges. If @Nifft, @Radiating Gnome, or @phoamslinger are still around, I'd love to hear from them how they came up with this format (esp. if there is an existing discussion thread).

Along with archiving the tournaments themselves, I want to create a "History of IRON DM" page that mentions various innovations and changes to the game.
There’s a decent chance that was all hashed out in the RBDM club. They were all members.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
There’s a decent chance that was all hashed out in the RBDM club. They were all members.
Yeah, that's my guess too. And since that doesn't exist anymore, I was hoping they might remember some shareable tidbits.

p.s. reading the tournament as I grab entries has convinced me that phoam isn't all that phoamslinger slings, because he's a more nemmerlesque judge than I am!

Remove ads