IRON DM General Discussion

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I'm curious as to how many Iron DM judges over the years weren't from the RBDM club

That'd be interesting to determine, if we can. A complicating factor is that IRON DM was used a recruiting tool/source for the RBDMC - so some people participated without being a member, but became soon after and then began judging - so the timing can be confusing in retrospect.

Rune

Once A Fool
When did the RBDMC end?
It didn’t so much end as fade away. After a while, EN World changed its presentation to stop showing links to hosted sites (of which, RBDM club was one during its last years), but my bookmark still worked.

That said, it was a ghost town in there, even before EN World stopped showing the link (to members – non-members could never see it in the first place, of course).

I’m not sure if my bookmark would still work (if I even still have it), but I’m pretty sure it would be lonely in there if it did. Maybe worthwhile if there’s any old threads worth archiving, though. You know, from back when people used to ask for RBDM advice.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
It didn’t so much end as fade away. After a while, EN World changed its presentation to stop showing links to hosted sites (of which, RBDM club was one during its last years), but my bookmark still worked.

That said, it was a ghost town in there, even before EN World stopped showing the link (to members – non-members could never see it in the first place, of course).

I’m not sure if my bookmark would still work (if I even still have it), but I’m pretty sure it would be lonely in there if it did. Maybe worthwhile if there’s any old threads worth archiving, though. You know, from back when people used to ask for RBDM advice.

If you would not mind checking to see if your bookmark works (if you have it), I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me, if it does.

Rune

Once A Fool
If you would not mind checking to see if your bookmark works (if you have it), I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me, if it does.
Unfortunately, the browser I was using back then was a third party (dolphin) that stopped working for me (at least two phones ago). I’m afraid that bookmark is gone for good.

Maaaybe I can dig something up in my post history, but that was at least two crashes and a software change ago for EN World.

Rune

Once A Fool
Maaaybe I can dig something up in my post history, but that was at least two crashes and a software change ago for EN World.
No luck on this front, but I really don’t know how the post history even works. It pulls up stuff from as far back as 2002, but only 88 posts that I’ve made – and that can’t be right! I’ve probably made half that many posts since we began recruiting for the 2020 tourney!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I did some digging of my own and no luck. I guess I could ask Morrus.

Of course, you could always start the club up again, if you wanted, @el-remmen. It would be good to have a place to hash out ideas again.

I think the style of play may be a lot less popular these days, though...

Not sure if I have the time/inclination myself anymore, to be honest - and not sure I have the sway with the powers that be I once had to convince them to give us a spot.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I guess 2009 was all about 4E and stat blocks. . .

SLEEPING DEATH
Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 5d12 (32 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 80 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/—
Attack: Incorporeal touch +5 melee (1d6 plus energy drain)
Full Attack: Incorporeal touch +5 melee (1d6 plus energy drain)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Create spawn, energy drain, wail
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., incorporeal traits, +2 turn resistance, undead traits, unnatural aura
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +6
Abilities: Str —, Dex 16, Con —, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
Skills: Hide +11, Intimidate +10, Listen +12, Search +10, Spot +12, Survival +10 (+12 following tracks)
Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative
Environment: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, gang (3–5), or swarm (6–11)
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 6–10 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: —
A sleeping death looks much as it did in life just before its death, usually cut, bruised, and bloody and it can be recognized by those who knew the individual or have seen the individual’s face in a painting or a drawing. A sleeping death is roughly human-sized and is weightless.
COMBAT
In close combat a sleeping death attacks with its mind-numbing wail and its burning, life-draining touch. It makes full use of its incorporeal nature, moving through walls, ceilings, and floors as it attacks. It usually ignores sleeping victims until awake and aware ones have been taken out.

Remove ads