• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes: Tales of Arnesia Game Thread

Erekose13

Explorer
Golgorak will examine the parasitic creature trying to determine its purpose.

(ooc: know nature/arcana +11, others +9, survival +9)

Paper_Bard

First Post
Golgorak: After a surface scan of the odd, fleshy thing... you come to a realization. It appears the creature is some sort of parasitic worm, and judging by the size of it, you would guess that it has been feeding off its host for some time. However... you note that it will be impossible to find out more without cutting the creature open.

dalfen

First Post
[Sblock]
you note that it will be impossible to find out more without cutting the creature open

Oh, crap! Tell me that I have difficulties finding a secure place to rest in the proximities, so I have to leave and avoid see that forensics thing.
(I have spot 18 (11 rolled+7 modifier), and search 21 (13+8 mod)

[/Sblock]

A'koss

Explorer
Paper_Bard said:
However... you note that it will be impossible to find out more without cutting the creature open.
"Look, if any of you are thinking of doing some sort of... roadside autopsy, for the love of the gods be careful. The last thing we want is for some cloud of spores or spray of invasive young to come exploding from it's carapice. If you want my advice - I say draw a pretty picture, douse them in oil and burn them from as far away as possible."

"We could always shoot it. Douse it in oil just in case, then everyone back away and someone take a shot at it. If it bursts or something, throw some fire at it. If that doesn't work, I'll see what sort of smashing I can give it."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Cain changes between "safe distance" and "taking a peek" constantly as Golgorak starts his work on the icky parasites.

dalfen

First Post
What a bunch of gentleman they are!Nobody helps the poor Shasha. Sigh! Have I,at least, found some good place to camp?

Last edited:

Paper_Bard

First Post
Golgorak: As you dig your dagger into the creature's underbelly, you hear a light, hissing sound. As you slice its underbelly open, you are met with waves of revulsion and are forced to jump back as a jumble of writhing white worms spill out of its guts. They writhe and curl around each other for about half a minute before going still. The worm at the base of the neck slides out, apparently dead. It is much larger than those that first spilled out. As you examine the inside of the creature you notice something very alarming. The creature's vital organs appear to have been devoured completely. It's secondary organs also appear to have been munched on, though there are still some remnants left. By all accounts this creature should not have been moving... much less attempting to kill you.

Remove ads