• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes: Tales of Arnesia Game Thread

dalfen

First Post
[sblock]When Shasha awakes, she leaves the camp armed with her weapons searching for a river or a lake. She moves carefully but very determined. Once she found the place she strips of her clothes and she begins to wash herself like a possessed woman. Later she examines all her body searching for anything strange. After that she dress again and return to the camp. [/sblock]
Shasha approaches to Tolan and caught him completely off guard she slams his face. After that she says: "Your damn venom produces me the worst night of my life. The most perverse nightmare that I could dream is nothing compared with the hallucinations that your disgusting potion gives me. Have you satisfied your sadistic instincts or you need more? You're a sick child. "

Paper_Bard

First Post
You don't find anything out of the normal... though you do feel a little sick to your stomach, most likely from the dream... or possibly from the stuff you ingested the night before.

A'koss

Explorer
Rholn raises an eyebrow at the the exchange between the rogue and thier assassin and sets down his morning meal.

"Shasha?"

Seeing that his companion is an obvious state of duress, the harrier moves towards the young woman in an effort to calm her down.

"What seems to be the problem?"

dalfen

First Post
"The problem? The problem is that third category thug.
Oh Shasha, don't worry. I prepare a mild poison to be sure that you don't have any slug in your system.
Ah I’m so innocent that I believe him. This stupid maybe he used some of this bugs as a material component or perhaps some hallucinogen drug. Whatever! I've spend all the night having nightmares so real that when I wake up I had to examine myself to be sure that I don't have any of that insects inside me.
Now tell me to calm down when he almost kill me with his poison!"
Shasha make a pause and watch the Rholn reaction, then she adds:
"Ok. I'll stay cool. But I don't want this psychopath near me. Understood?"

A'koss

Explorer
In an effort to head off any altercation between Shasha and Tolan, Rholn's face softens as he gently takes Shasha by the arm.

"Walk with me."

With his morning tea in hand, Rholn motions to Shasha to walk the perimeter of the encampment with him. Along their patrol he tries to assuage the young woman's fears...

"Are you alright Shasha?" Rholn looks to see if the rogue displays any sign of sickness or fever. "Nightmares? But why would you think Tolan would deliberately do something so irresponsible? Hmm... I imagine it's possible you had a reaction to it. Though if you'll recall... we all took the same remedy."

Rholn notes her reaction while sipping at his tea, then begins to recall what she had said of her nightmares and his face hardens as his thoughts turn dark.

"My people put great stock in their dreams Shasha. We feel they can offer great insight into ourselves and the world around us. Some say the dreamlands are shaped by the will of gods and demons... some say in the dreamlands we are the gods, fashioning our own heavens and hells. Tell me of this nightmare Shasha..."

dalfen

First Post
Shasha sincerely appreciates the gentle talk of Rholn. She seems calmer, when she speaks:
In my tribe they also take very seriously their dreams. I know because I was their medium. My ancestors chose me, to inherit the mantle of Voice of the spirits, when my grandmother dies. But after a near-death experience with one spirit I left the clan. With time i was able to ignore the ghosts and the visions , and some time later the stop to appear in my life. At last I could have a normal life. No more tampering with my sanity. This night, the visions have return. All my past have return. I wish that it were a foolish reaction due to the impression of seeing that disgusting slugs, but the truth is more horrible. We have a destiny, and are related with my dream. It's too soon to tell you or make any interpretation of the dream, but I can tell you this: There is something big, powerful and evil that wants us dead.

A'koss

Explorer
"Shasha... I had no idea."

Rholn's mind is set reeling by this turn of events takes a moment to sort through his thoughts. "I have heard legends of bloodlines gifted with the power of the Sight..." For a long moment Rholn remains silent, then his eyes brighten a bit as his dark sense of humor creeps in to interject a moment of levity, "However, it's strange how these so-called 'gifts' of the gods look a whole lot like their 'curses'."

"I can't imagine what it must have been like for you and I understand if you need time to sort out the meaning of your dream on your own. Just know that we are here for you when you are ready." Rholn gives Shasha a reassuring clasp on the shoulder. "And Shasha, about this evil you see that sets it's will against us, I've lived under the shadow of great evil for more years than I care to count." A wry smile crosses his lips as he gives her a friendly nudge with an elbow... "I'm actually rather flattered at the attention."

dalfen

First Post
"Ok Rholn. Next time he can visit your dreams, and fill mine with handsome slave boys".

"At the moment. I can't tell you more about the vision. It was incomplete and can easily missundertood, but don't trust anybody, from inside and outside of the group. Maybe it was a signal to create confusion, that's why i don't want to explain you. But better be safe than sorry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads