Iron Man

John Crichton

First Post
GoodKingJayIII said:
Certainly Transformers had more flash and special effects, and one might argue that its special effects were better.

However, in terms of substance, I think Iron Man is the clear winner.
Well, sure. TF was pure fluff. ;)

Yummy fluff.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Saw it last night, thought it was fantastic. There wasn't a slow moment in the flick, and the acting (by everyone, not just Downey), plot, and effects were all high quality. I'm not really interested in spending a lot of thought ranking the comic book movies I've enjoyed, but it is definitely in the same league as Batman Begins, X1 and X2, and Spiderman 2. Excellent movie and a great way to start the summer (except for the fact it is snowing here right now :( )

Psion

Adventurer
GoodKingJayIII said:
Certainly Transformers had more flash and special effects, and one might argue that its special effects were better.

One might even say that the Transformers movie was trying to ride on its special effects (and a cute female lead) and not much else. :cool:

Steel_Wind

Legend
I saw it and really liked it. Not as good as Spiderman and I preferred XMen 1 and 2 for sure. But it was in every way an extremely good movie. If Indy is as good - I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

The_lurkeR

First Post
Saw it yesterday afternoon. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly with Favreau directing, and Downey as the lead, but I was more than pleasantly surprised, it was awesome!

I'm not sure where it ranks exactly among superhero movies yet, but it's definitely a top contender. It's a "must see" at the theaters.

justinbot

First Post
It's amazing to me that between various forums and such where I spend time, the biggest complaint I've seen about Iron Man is people complaining that...

[sblock]Nick Fury was black[/sblock]

Cabled

First Post
Saw it last night, and although I've been a comics fan in general my whole life, Iron Man has always fallen in the middle of the pack for me. Having said that, the movie was surprisingly good...much closer to the top of the comic/superhero movies than the bottom.

justinbot said:
It's amazing to me that between various forums and such where I spend time, the biggest complaint I've seen about Iron Man is people complaining that...

[sblock]Nick Fury was black[/sblock]

Which, to me, is a hilarious complaint.

[sblock]Who else COULD play Nick Fury in this day and age? After the Ultimate Nick Fury being literally based on Sam Jackson, of course he should be playing Fury in the movies. Its just perfect. Course, people get set in their ways, but I still get a laugh at that complaint.[/sblock]

Remove ads