D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
See, this is why I wanted you here. :)

I like rolling, so I'm going to go roll my stats on Coyote (I'll go ahead and roll under the Shara username so they can be verified if desired). Will update this post shortly.

Edit: Ouch.

_: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 4, 5, 4] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 3, 1, 5] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 2, 3, 1] = 6
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 1, 1] = 11
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 5, 3, 2] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 5, 1, 4] = 11

oof, that's just as bad mine... BUT there is a silver lining here. If you take standard humans, four of those stats will improve, making him a very playable character... 3 +2 stats, 2 +1 and a single -2

edit: upon further thought, it's actually "better" this way - it's fun rolling stat but it's a little bit less fun if there is a wide disparity in power level. It seems that for this game a lot of the stats rolled (or point buy) so far are in the same ballpark so we won't have that problem.

Lastly, if someone wants the randomness of rolling but wants the standard stats too: http://aramis.hostman.us/dnd/RedrickRoller.html very fun

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Okay Easter egg hunt over so I can move on with my day. Other Easter activities permitting I will get a background/setting post up tonight.

Looking through the thread this is where we stand now, if I missed anyone or if something changed let me know.

Charwoman Gene – Cleric
SunGold- rogue
River Song -Wizard, Bladesinger
Ancalagon - Barbarian, human
JustinCase -Sorcerer, dwarf
Greenmtn –Paladin
Jason.knepper - undeclared

So that makes seven so we are one over ideal, but seven should be workable. I’ll just adjust the combat encounters if needed. Looks like we might have quite the interesting group.

SunGold

First Post
Couple questions for the DM.

1. Would a swashbuckler rogue be ok (from the Waterborne Adventures UA, if you haven't read that one)? I kinda wanna play a pirate who's stuck on land.

2. Is this set in the Realms or Golarion? (Or somewhere else altogether?)

eayres33

Explorer
SunGold, the swashbuckler rogue is fine, it’s pretty much the same as the one in the SCAG so have at it. I’m going to use Golarion, mostly because I don’t want to have to convert the setting.

The story starts in Phaendar in the Southern Nirmathas region, you can be from there or from somewhere else, whatever fits your background.

Charwoman Gene there are no restrictions on your Gods.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I like what I am seeing so far! Could be a very resilient party.

The only potential "hole" I see so far is the "good with outdoors stuff/ nature" role, as my barbarian is not an outlander but a hermit. Thankfully there are a lot of ways to fix that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

eayres33

Explorer
So I have updated the OP with a little background and setting info along with more info on character creation.
[MENTION=6788967]Jason.knepper[/MENTION], the revised ranger is fine.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
All right!

Two questions:

1. Is the town of Phaendar anywhere near the coast? If now, very roughly speaking, how far away is it? I may need the name of a port nearby for my background.

2. This is more of a future-facing question (as we are starting at level 1) but I intend to take the UA barbarian sub-class "path of the zealot" as I think it is a good fit for the character's capacity to tap into the Universe. Would this be ok? If not I'll figure something out :)

edit: for your reference: http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Barbarian.pdf

second edit: My character will be an outsider to the town, coming from the road after traveling for some time (days, weeks, months). Some of the other characters may be traveling companions, if we need a way to bring some of the characters together.

Last edited:

Remove ads