D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

eayres33

Explorer
Phaendar is landlocked. The closest major city on a body of water is Tamran to the east, but Tamran is located on the coast of Lake Encarthan, it’s a big lake and would likely have a port. To the west are the cities of Korvosa and Nisroch which are both on the coast of Conqueror’s Bay.

As for the Path of the Zealot, I’m not sure about that one. Overall I like the theme but Charwoman Gene already pointed out my major concern, Divine Fury and its 1d6+ half your barbarian level may cause some tension in the group, or would leave you charging into combat alone. If you really want to play that class we might be able to make it work with some modifications to that feature.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yeah that's a dealbreaker (thanks [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] ! I thought it was foes, not everyone!)... either we have to change it or I'll take some other type of barbarian...

edit: by "other type" I mean I'm sticking with the character, just not that subclass if it's as is.

Last edited:

Jason.knepper

First Post
Human variant revised ranger
: 6#4d6k3 10 14 9 13 16 14

Character should be fleshed out by noon tomorrow and posted. With background.

edit: I've never used any of these html dice rollers before. Is there a better way to copy the dice rolls from orokos to facilitate linking to the rolls or should I use the enworld roller instead?

Last edited:

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux Amberchyn

dfa694c10917096dc54fe300bf4611e9.jpg
Raux Amberchyn
Male Human Ranger (sept 2016) 1
Medium humanoid, chaotic good
Armor Class 15 (studded leather) (16 with armor and dual wielding)
Hit Points 12 (1d10+2)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 17 (+3), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 10 (+0), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 9 (-1)

Feats Dual Wielder
Saving Throws Str +5, Dex +4
Skills Athletics +5, Nature +2, Perception +4, Persuasion +1, Stealth +4, Survival +4
Tool Proficiencies Dice and vehicles (land)
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Elvish, Goblin
Favored Enemy Humanoids
Natural Explorer
Deity Tymora

Actions

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 slashing damage or 1d10+3 slashing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 slashing damage or 1d10+3 slashing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20 ft./60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage.

Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 150 ft./600 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage.

Equipment Dagger, Longbow, Longsword, Longsword, studded leather, arrows (20), backpack, bedroll, dice, mess kit, potion of healing (2), rations (10), rope, hempen (50 feet), tinderbox, torch (10), traveler's clothes (Nine Companies Uniform - Banner of the Arrow insignia on mottled green cloak with Corporal's chevrons), waterskin, 17 gp

Background info
Mercenary Veteran
Background Feature: Mercenary Life

Raised in the village by my uncle, a hunter and tracker, I left as a teenager to seek my fortune. I fell into the employ of a mercenary army, The Nine Companies, and was quickly assigned to the scouts and marauder's company under the banner of the Arrow. I fought in a few minor skirmishes, but only one real campaign. We were hired to defend a frontier kingdom against a riled up peasantry that was rebelling against the unjust rule of their lord. We were quickly enticed (I'll never know where they got the money...) to switch to the side of the peasantry though and found ourselves facing the lord's mounted knights and darker foes summoned from unholy places. It was there that I learned about fear and death, lessons I won't soon forget. As a salve and shield against those lessons, I learned to make light of the darkest situations and I find humor in the most absurd and sick things.--(Personality Trait) My personality isn't always appropriate for a crowd though and I frequently upset people with my blunt demeanor, but I don't have time for polite manners and for me it's better to laugh about any concern than it is to dither over peoples' feelings. I've seen death and I have accepted that I should have died on the field many times before today. I'm living on borrowed time and I won't flinch away from any fight.--(Personality Trait)

I learned from those peasants about freedom. I learned that it was worth the cost, however it must be paid, to be free of tyranny and oppression.--(Ideal) And I learned the value of dying for what you believe in and for those that fight beside you in that belief.--(Bond) For those that wouldn't fight, I can only assume a willingness to be oppressed and that I cannot respect.--(Flaw) I was charged out of the banner honorably and still count the Nine Companies as part of my family, but I couldn't stay. Our subsequent employer was another lord, seeking to put down another rebellion. I could not find it in me to help in the oppression of others. So I set out for home to use my meager earnings to start a life as a hunter and tracker like my uncle or to bend my bow and notch my blades in the employ of worthy causes.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well those are nice stats - that gives us the nature angle, both melee and ranged capacity, AND stealth/perception. A fine addition to any party.

I'm amused by noting that depending on how the other characters are designed, it's quite possible that *every* PC will be a "warrior" quite capable to wade in melee...

Jason.knepper

First Post
Well those are nice stats - that gives us the nature angle, both melee and ranged capacity, AND stealth/perception. A fine addition to any party.

I'm amused by noting that depending on how the other characters are designed, it's quite possible that *every* PC will be a "warrior" quite capable to wade in melee...

Thanks. I was hoping I'd be a good fit. Seems like we have most angles covered pretty well with good overlap. I'll try to make use of the ranged capability wherever I'm able and let the barb and paladin hold the line, but if necessary, I'll wade in and take some swings too. We'll see how the scenarios develop.

I updated my earlier post with a fleshed out character and I'm ready to play.

As an aside, I'm really looking forward to this. I run a game IRL for a large group of friends, but as the only experienced player and DM, I never get to play. This is my outlet for that and I can't wait to get started. Thanks again for letting me join in the fun.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm planning a soldier background. (Battlefield Medic) Is there a recent/nearby military I would have been assigned to by my church (Of LG Warriorness and Paladinhood) but have been discharged in the moderately recent past?

Remove ads