Ironhand! - My Musical Group/Band

Angcuru

First Post
Some friends of mine have been working on developing their own musical sound and lyrical style for some time now, and soon I'll be joining them in their venture with my newly acquired Fretless Bass skills (skills in the works, but thats beside the point).

I must state before anyone checks it out that the music is quite dark and contempful for many things which I know some posters find dear to them. Thus, our self-descriptor:

Ironhand Myspace Music Page said:
Ironhand is a 5 year old project that has now matured enough to come forth. Musical development started with just playing around with midi sequencers, slowly growing to sampling, VST, and the inclusion of live guitars. At this point we are working on several albums, while looking to expand the audience.

Ironhand is a dark, negative, electronic sound with industrial overtones, and sings the glory of an agnostic paradise, and of contempt for humanity- the vast, ignorant, small minded masses. A world free of of the great problem of organized religion and those who would support it. We are always experimenting with new styles and techniques, constantly striving to evolve our music.

If that appeals to you, cool. If not, then feel free to ignore us.

We've been getting lots of requests to start playing clubs (though we aren't quite ready for that yet), and we're getting published in the near future on a split with Timewave Zero over in Europe. Once we have more material and practice, we'll start doing shows and releasing full Albums.

Anyway, check it out if you're interested. Everything we do will be free to download, thought for the time being we're limited to the 4 songs Myspace allows. Fully developed site in the works, when thats up EVERYTHING we make will be available.

Ironhand

Please, no discussion of religious views here. Board rule and all that.

Nyaricus

First Post
I like to dabble a bit with Industrial (Wumpscut and Combi Christ are both wicked) and listening to your MySpace I was pretty impressed and am now in the process of DLing your discography. Thanks for the heads up on your awesome band \m/

cheers,
--N

Would you like a semi-professional POV from a producer?

Musically, your group is very sound, not sure who produced the tracks in question, but they are a little muddy in the bottom end. Vocals as an after thought are never a good idea; I realize that this has become popular in the last few years with the black metal underground, but I think NIN has pretty much proven that it doesn't work, they've abandonded it for the reason I stated. I'm not talking about lyrical content, just the whispered, growled and nearly incomprehensible lyrics; as an effect its AWESOME as the basis for all of your lyrics, its...bad.

If I were to produce this, I would first suggest cleaning up the vocals or trying a few different styles on each song, and then have you listen to all of them, showing you what would happen if you mixed the styles, just to open up your mind to new and possibly profitable avenues. Stylistically, the minor keys work very well with the mood you are going for, I wouldn't change that, but you might want to find the relative Major of a few of your favorite minors and then warp the Hey Hyra out them (theory pays off, STUDY IT!)

I can't say you're rough, you're not, your music is very polished and your insrumental skills are very very good, otherwise I wouldn't even have listened past song one. In the business you are a proverbial one trick pony, but I feel you don't have to be, you have a strong suit and you've played to it, good, now try to think out of the box and see what happens.

I wish you luck and many returns on the investment of time you've put in. BTW this advice would cost you $25 a half hour in the studio. :D

Nyaricus

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
Would you like a semi-professional POV from a producer?
When my band gets some stuff recorded, remind me to ask you for some feedback man - I'd really appreciate that sort of feedback from someone who knows what they are talking about.

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus said:
When my band gets some stuff recorded, remind me to ask you for some feedback man - I'd really appreciate that sort of feedback from someone who knows what they are talking about.

cheers,
--N
We'll talk contracts when the time rolls around . ;)

Remove ads