Is Anybody Doing A Review On Frost & Fur? Can't Find One!

Azure Trance

First Post
There were none on ENWorld and I couldn't find one at RPG.net. F&F is done by the same gents (Monkey God Enterpises) who did the whopper of a book Stone & Steel, and even though it is likely to be a stupendous book, I would still be interested in its detail and whether it's good enough to get now, or to wait a bit later.

Also, is Frostburn (WOTCs first environmental series book) going to be mostly a monsters compendium?

Tetsubo

First Post
I thought F&F was a great book. It literally has everything you need to run an Arctic setting. Including three complete cultures to add to your campaign. I can't imagine that Frostburn will have anything else I need. Stone to Steel was the best weapons book I've ever seen. I think that F&F stands up to that quality.

johnsemlak

First Post
Tetsubo said:
I thought F&F was a great book. It literally has everything you need to run an Arctic setting. Including three complete cultures to add to your campaign. I can't imagine that Frostburn will have anything else I need. Stone to Steel was the best weapons book I've ever seen. I think that F&F stands up to that quality.
What are the three cultures mentioned in the book? From previews I remember it having a Slavic section, a Nordic secion, and...?

JoeGKushner

First Post
I am working on a review now. I hope to have it doon soon. (Got hit with a lot of books at once and am moving so I ask for patience good En Worlders...)

radferth

First Post
I've been trying to motivate myself to write a review, but I have less incentive now that I know that JGK is working on one. The three cultures presented are Nordic, Slavic, and Eskimo. There is also a weird fantasy Ice Age thing. I liked F&F quite a bit, but parts of it struck me as being rather sloppy. I'd recomend it as a pick-and-choose sourcebook, but don't expect to open it up and start running a cold weather campaign.

Kesh

First Post
Funny, that. I just finished writing my review at 2 am last night. (Damn muse, doesn't care what time it is...)

I'm going to register and submit it right now, so hopefully it'll be up soon. In the meantime, you can read my off-the-cuff review here, where we are also discussing Frostburn. My quick overview is on page 2 of that thread.

{Edit} Full review is up here.

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Thanks Kesh!!

I've also been looking for a review of this product...primarily for it's Norse & Runecasting content. :)

Remove ads