• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is D&D 3.5 your first role playing game

Is D&D 3.5 your first experience with a role playing game?

• Yes it is

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • No, I came to it through another non-D&D system.

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • I played previous editions.

Votes: 413 86.8%
  • Something Else (explain below)

Votes: 10 2.1%

TheLostSoul

Explorer
The first game I played was Cyberpunk 2020. Shortly thereafter I had my first experience with AD&D 2nd Edition. I have played a lot of different games since then (the first game I bought was WEG Starwars), including D&D 3.0, 3.5 and WoD (my favorite). I probably should add that I am mainly a ST/GM/DM/Ref ánd so on :)

catsclaw227

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
I started with Basic, moved through each edition of D&D up to 3.5 with various stops with other systems along the way.

Me too, starting in 1979, Keep on The Borderlands was the first module I Dm'ed.

jeffh

Adventurer
I hate polls I can't vote in because all the options are false, or at least missing information, for me. (Hint - the second and third options are not mutually exclusive!) I've played most previous editions, like many others starting with "Red Box" Basic D&D and moving on to 1st and 2nd Edition AD&D and "3rd" Edition D&D (which is really at least the fifth distinct version I can think of). But along the way I dabbled in all kinds of other systems, including two homebrews of my own and one of somebody else's.

Basic D&D
AD&D 1st ed.
Left D&D for the entire 2nd Ed era (bought some campaign sourcebooks though), when I discovered HERO system.
Came back to D&D (while still playing HERO) with 3rd.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
diaglo said:
i know that from a small personal sample of gamers (49 gamers).. the 2000ed brought more old timers back to gaming than it did bring new gamers into the hobby. but my personal observation may just be skewed.

Just a tad. ;)

I was a newbie gamer back in 2000. The bulk of my group were old timers who, I guess, came back at that time...

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I bought my first role-playing books in 1990 - it was the third edition of the D&D Basic Set, which was a boxed set in the U.S. but I bought as a single A5 book combining the player's and DM's booklets - but didn't get to play much in the way of RPGs until later, in high school. My first real gaming experiences were AD&D Second Edition and Cyberpunk 2020.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
My first roleplaying experience was with, I think, Rifts. My first serious roleplaying experience was with D&D 3.0.

I'm a relatively new player, I suppose.

Remove ads