Is D&D Your Favorite RPG?

Is D&D Your Favorite RPG?

• Yes

Votes: 238 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 200 45.7%

Argyle King

Legend
Currently, GURPS 4th Edition is my favorite; sometimes even for running some D&D settings.

Oddly, once I tried it (GURPS,) I was surprised to learn that I found the game which everyone decried as being super complicated to actually make more sense to me and be more intuitive than many of the D&D rules.

I still like D&D. There is a lot of fluff material and available material that I highly enjoy. I'm just not always crazy about the mechanics. In particular, once I experienced a game in which I had active defenses, it was hard for me to go back to the d20 vs static defense AC way of doing things.

Star Wars: Edge of The Empire is a game which pleasantly surprised me. I'd say it's currently in my top 5. I don't have enough experience with it yet to make a more long lasting declaration as to my feelings toward it, but, so far, I really enjoy it. While it's not my #1 favorite, I highly enjoy it, and have stolen a few of the mechanics to use in other games.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
You know, oddly, despite D&D being what I play (and have always played) 99% of the time, no, it isn't.

Dark Heresy recently supplanted it. I wish DH lent itself more readily to setting conversion, though. :\

Stormonu

Legend
Quite a thread necro.

D&D used to be my fav, but its now been supplanted by Savage Worlds. And I just got a hold of FATE, and it's looking pretty good too.

exile

First Post
I voted no. Currently, I prefer Pathfinder to any incarnation of of D&D. That said, I am enjoying The One Ring and Edge of Empire more than Pathfinder.

delericho

Legend
Yep, D&D was, is, and probably will always be my favourite. (And, for the record, I'm in the "Pathfinder isn't quite D&D" camp.)

That said, a fairly large part of that is nostalgia - like "Star Wars" (for film), it's my all-time favourite, but it's not the best I've ever encountered.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I was surprised when I clicked the threat to find I had already voted years ago. :)

When I voted, D&D was my favorite. But, it isn't any more. FATE is probably my favorite now.

Remove ads