Is D&D Your Favorite RPG?

Is D&D Your Favorite RPG?

• Yes

Votes: 238 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 200 45.7%

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
It was for a long time, and during that time I was also exposed to and even came to like other RPGs, including skill-based and rules light systems. At first, I railed against a friend's comment that I was "stuck on a system" due to what I liked to play and GM, but I eventually saw his criticism as truth, as I tended to stick with games with D&D-like flavor. Dungeons & Dragons has fallen from its position as my favorite, in part from personal experience (although I must say I like 3.X more than any other iteration I've been exposed to), partly the "d20 only" attitude of some gamers, and my own personal distaste with certain role-playing precedents.

Psion

Adventurer
The current incarnation, with attendant d20 support that it enjoys, yes.

In the 2e days, the love was fading... HERO almost stole me away.

bytor4232

First Post
All in all, D&D, and d20 in general, is my favorite. Not because its the best, not because its the easiest, but because I simply love it. D&D/d20 has been good to me as a player and a DM.

Fishbone

First Post
HERO is my fave. I don't sleep with FRED under my pillow, it is my pillow.
But Dungeons and Dragons is a real close second.

I voted no, based on the current version. But I would have voted yes if I were to include D&D over it's entire span of years and editions. The years of enjoyment I got out of OD&D and AD&D have to count for something.

Remove ads