Are you primarily a DM?

• Yes

Votes: 227 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 69 23.3%

cougent

First Post
Reveille said:
EnWorld is a repository of knowledge though, both for players and DMs though. And when I need a quick question answered, its usually for both my hats. ;)
I find that to be very true.

I have read several threads here of radically different styles of play, some of which I have thought "That lsounds interesting, I would like to sit in on that game," all the way to the inverse of "That sounds horrid, I would never join that game"; but even in the latter instances I usually pick out some small tidbit that I might find interesting that I had never considered before.

I have mostly DMed for the last 27 years with sporadic playing thrown in like seasoning and even though my style is pretty well set in stone by now, I often find new ideas here that I want to at least give a test run to see what happens. However this year I have assumed the player mantle for a new group and game, while my old group has gone on (permanent probably) hiatus.

Pinotage

Explorer
shilsen said:
I'm with the Dric. I'm in a lot more games as a player than a DM (mainly because I'm in a lot of PbP games and I only run one), but I generally do consider myself more of a DM than a player and if forced to choose, would always pick the DMing over the playing.

That sums me up exactly. Play in lots of PbP games, but only DM 1. If I had to choose, I'd DM.

Hmmm. Let's see. Pinotage or DinoMage! :cool:

Pinotage

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Gosh, I consider myself about even on both. I think it's important for a balanced gamer to know what it's like on both sides of the screen.

Hussar

Legend
Mostly DM, although, for the past year, for the first time in a very long time, I'm been a player. Very nice. Given me lots of time to prep my next campaign. Sweet.

Felix

Explorer
If this place is DMWorld, it's only because it's populated by balding, narcissistic Napoleons who gleefully shove their derivative homebrew and railroad plot points down their players' throats and come here to whine when the group collectively gags on the absurdly improbable scenarios and idealized DMPC avatars.

It makes for a nice break from the WotC boards, where feral, sub-literate uber-munch players, scurrying around like cockroaches having conquered their fear of the lights coming on, relate stories of how they most recently frustrated their DM's attempt at role-playing by groping every female NPC and attacking every male NPC with their +7 Axe of Hewing in Twain, pausing only to question other posters' sexuality in text-speak.

They provide a nice range of options, I think. :D

This post brought to you by the Tongue-In-Cheek Advisory Council. Tongue-In-Cheek: Where Else Would Your Tongue Be?

Remove ads