D&D 5E Is Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden the New D&D Adventure?

It looks likely that the upcoming D&D adventure is indeed an Icewind Dale based storyline called Rime of the Frostmaiden! I can't vouch for the veracity of this, but I was cc'd into a Tweet by Navy DM on Twitter who says they found it on Reddit.

Feel the cold touch of death in this adventure for the world's greatest role playing game.

UPDATE -- the awesome Geek Native ran the small cover screenshot through an image enhancing application, to create the larger image below.

iw_frostmaiden.jpg

There's a post here on Reddit which says "The DnD Beyond YouTube channel posted a trailer for a new book, Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden, then immediately deleted it." The post has been removed since. I found the above image posted by somebody called smightmight, who looks like they screen grabbed it from the video before it was removed.

The Frostmaiden is one of the names of Auril, an evil goddess in the Forgotten Realms. You can read more about her on the Forgotten Realms wiki.

Rime is ice which forms from water droplets on surfaces.

An Icewind Dale setting was the current favourite guess for the location of the new D&D adventure based on various hints from WotC, including this snowy owlbear t-shirt!

0B449D65-06ED-4295-8752-AA3A8023228C.png

(thanks to Pixellance for pointing me at this!)

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Press release is calling it a buff. Which I don't think is terribly surprising, there was a discussion about buffing goliaths on these forums a couple of months ago - most agree they where underpowered if you don't use encumbrance rules. And it's quite easy to make a change, since I think this is the first time the goliath player race has appeared in a print book rather than free download.
They appeared in Wildemount.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The way to make Auril de-power into the next lower form is for the party Bard to sing That Song.
The player, not the character.
I've heard some would-be Bards sing - this should be properly horrifying.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases