Pathfinder 2E Is It Time for PF2 "Essentials"?

I do think people kinda forget that paizo is small company, so they don't really need to do well in same numbers as D&D to do "well" <_<

A lot of it comes down to how many people they hired when PF1 was at its peak, and whether or not they're maintaining a level of revenue high enough to not make cuts at the company. I can't find any news about Paizo layoffs beyond canceling PF online, so I'm guessing they're doing okay.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
A lot of it comes down to how many people they hired when PF1 was at its peak, and whether or not they're maintaining a level of revenue high enough to not make cuts at the company. I can't find any news about Paizo layoffs beyond canceling PF online, so I'm guessing they're doing okay.
It must be very tiny at this point, but Pathfinder Online is actually still going and receiving updates.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
There is one thing I love on PF2E over all other editions : you do not need to build one trick ponies to be effective.
I have built a fire evoker wizardess. Yet she is much more deadly with Diplomacy / Deception than with her (quite) deadly fireballs.

I have built a Rage Barbarian. Yet his enemies naughty word themselves when he talks before he even draws his greatsword.

I have built a mercenary / knight, yet I make more money taking bribes and commissions than actually fighting (which is absolutley not a problem either, my muscles speak for me)

In short, for the first time in a long time, I can play a number of nuanced character, who is more than a one-tricked pony, without having to try hard at all.

I find this refreshing, and really enjoyable.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Yeah. Speaking as someone who came up on World of Darkness, Exalted, and Legend of the Five Rings my favorite part about PF2 as a player is being able to play broadly capable characters who feel like pulp heroes rather than the hyperspecialized concepts you usually find in most D&D type games.

darjr

I crit!
I said this about PF1 when they announced PF2, but I think it’s the same with PF2.
Double down on it. The PFS is a powerful resource, recruit and reward them heavily in promoting and running the game. Do so lavishly. Shower them in treasures for doing so. Also make them kinda famous for doing so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases