Level Up (A5E) Is Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition compatible with D&D 5E?

It’s funny you mention this, I will be watching a “revised beastmaster” from tashas A5E ranger in action this Tuesday! I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes
Please do!

Personally I loathe the Tasha's primal beast, which in being a spirit not an actual beast IMHO completely violates the concept. But I appreciate that is a personal opinion :)

But (IMHO) you can't form the same kind of deep relationship with it, and that relationship is the entire centrepiece of the archetype.

But we're veering off topic, and it's my fault, so: looking forward to the report back!

niklinna

satisfied?
I would've loved to play a 4e shaman. I only got to try one for one session but it was a lot of fum. (I am leaving that typo in because it is itself fum. I made a new word today!)

EDIT: Oh wait no, the giant already said that.

Last edited:

Are Level Up spells really nerfed in general, or is it just a small percentage of specific spells? I haven't more than glanced at a few spells, so I want to get a grasp on the actuality of the changes.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Are Level Up spells really nerfed in general, or is it just a small percentage of specific spells? I haven't more than glanced at a few spells, so I want to get a grasp on the actuality of the changes.
Some yes, others get a nice bump in the base spell like how web spawns spiders when upcast. There are also the rare spells that often go alongside soso base spells. Kasvarina’s Imbued Ray, Katrina’s Hellish Fire Bolt, Komanav’s Final Heroes’ Feast, & Beshela’s Enduring Bestow Curse are a handful of neatly improved to amazing. I'm sure there are other amazing rare spells, those are just the ones that sprang to mind

Remove ads