WotC Is Mike Mearls Happy Hour still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am not so sure what is huge about the upside, or how large the contingent is that is actively unhappy on an ongoing basis enough for it to mean something to WOTC's bottom line, or even aware of this issue (a substantial majority of people don't use Twitter on a regular basis in fact). I strongly suspect this isn't even a measurable blip in sales.

That's not to dismiss concerns. It's merely to call into question your characterizations of hugeness and largeness relative to the fanbase.

Sure. Any location - whether big like Twitter or small like here - is just a potential sparking point for a bigger effect. Usually it isn’t, but sometimes something happens, and careers end and brands get damaged. One guy at a company staying quiet for a bit is prudent.l, lest it escalate (which it probably wouldn’t, but it’s not a risk worth taking).

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Sure. Any location - whether big like Twitter or small like here - is just a potential sparking point for a bigger effect. Usually it isn’t, but sometimes something happens, and careers end and brands get damaged. One guy at a company staying quiet for a bit is prudent.l, lest it escalate (which it probably wouldn’t, but it’s not a risk worth taking).

I agree. It's what I'd advise him to do - stay quiet.

ghaerdon

First Post
Mike’s Absence is Noticeable

It’s May and he’s nowhere to be seen. The big D&D launch for 2019 is this coming weekend and I don’t see him at all. What’s up?

Rellott

Explorer
As the posts above yours discuss, it seems likely he was asked to keep out of opportunities to open his mouth and sound like he was talking for WotC, and to not poke his head out and rile up the people who were angry with him over the semi-recent controversy.

Rellott

Explorer
I’m not picking on him. I never paid a lot of attention to him to begin with, so he didn’t upset me. Just answering the question. Good luck telling the people of the internet to stop holding a grudge though.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's a smart move to stay quiet. Outrage has a shelf life, especially in our current media climate. Stay quiet for 6-9 months, then make occasional small posts and appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases