WotC Is Mike Mearls still in WotC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy there, little man. More proof, less hyperventilating.

Not really a "little man" to believe people who claimed something and ended up being right despite a huge amount of public sentiment being against them. Feels kind of big, to be honest.

And these sorts of "We need absolute proof!" sorts of arguments ring hollow when put into the context of the situation.Mearls did not take these claims seriously, and I find it harder to believe that he actually took the care and cautiousness to properly conceal the identities of these people from Zak rather than incidentally exposing them by giving him too much information. There is a ton of room for reasonable inference based on Mike's own behavior in this very event that supports this.

If you don't want to believe, fine. But I think it's dishonest to act like there aren't good reasons to believe Hill's view of things given the entirety of the situation.

@Aldarc @Justice and Rule Is it possible for you two to actually quote things? Vague histrionics doesn't help anyone's cause.

You could actually read my posts and follow the link I posted in one of my previous ones, which was a contemporanous accounting of the events from Mearls' own deleted G+ thread.

And you'd be right more often than wrong! ;)

fc390e87-f716-4dae-86ac-5ba2ba1bc94c_text.gif

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Easy there, little man. More proof, less hyperventilating.

Edit: A little over the top on my part. Sorry! But come on...

Mod note:
That was really condescending.

And, when you say "A little over the top. Sorry! But come on..." you do a great job of non-apologizing. So, hint - don't try to minimize what you did in the same breath as giving the apology for it. Doesn't really look terribly sincere when you do that.

EVERYONE: This is a touchy subject. Treat folks in the discussion with respect. If they don't deserve your respect, they also don't deserve a response from you.

Aldarc

Legend
@Aldarc @Justice and Rule Is it possible for you two to actually quote things? Vague histrionics doesn't help anyone's cause.
An image with a post by Mearls defending Zak S and making accusations against his accusers was already posted in this thread. Beyond that, you can do a Google search for the Zak S controversy and Mike Mearls, as some people have collected this elsewhere. Other parts of the story are scattered around the web, with some requiring some deeper digging since they were done on Something Awful forums, assorted blogs, the now defunct Google+, and Twitter.

An image with a post by Mearls defending Zak S and making accusations against his accusers was already posted in this thread. Beyond that, you can do a Google search for the Zak S controversy and Mike Mearls, as some people have collected this elsewhere. Other parts of the story are scattered around the web, with some requiring some deeper digging since they were done on Something Awful forums, the now defunct Google+, and Twitter.

It's very difficult. There are tweets that are gone, Facebook posts that are hidden or deleted, and in the case of G+, an entire platform gone (though admittedly I believe Mearls deleted that thread pretty quickly). The blog I got the post from is gone, and it took me going to the Wayback Machine to find it.

And these are the problems with asking for more evidence in these cases: as time goes on, it's easy for them to disappear unless people are actively gathering it or putting it in safe places. If Hill didn't save that screenshot, or if the Wayback Machine had not saved that blog post, I'd have a lot fewer specifics to work off of. But the thing is a lot of us (myself included) remember hearing about these things when they happened or after they did. However, I'm sure people would not take these memories of something happening as proof.

People say that nothing disappears on the internet, but that's not really true: a lot of things disappear on the internet all the time. It can be very easy to save things, but if you didn't realize you needed to save something, it can be gone forever before you even realize it.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Or you acknowledge that you don't know,
You should acknowledge that you don’t know whether you believe her or not, because it’s just a fact that none of us know.
or you wonder if she's wrong or operating based on an incorrect assumption, or you suspect Mearls forwarded the emails to someone else who passed the info on to Zak, or...
You’re talking about disagreeing with her interpretation of what happened, not about believing or disbelieving her account of what happened.
This isn't as black and white as you make it out to be.
The claim I’m making is pretty black and white. A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding the claim I’m making. Which probably means I didn’t communicate it well, but I have been trying to clarify and people keep raising the exact same objections.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
But it's not. That's like saying that all atheists believe there is no God. That's simply not the case- many simply don't believe there is evidence that there is a God.
That there is no empirical evidence of a god isn’t a belief, it’s just a fact. In light of that fact, one can either believe in the existence of a god despite the lack of empirical evidence, or disbelieve (which may be motivated by many factors including but not limited to there being no empirical evidence).

It's very difficult. There are tweets that are gone, Facebook posts that are hidden or deleted, and in the case of G+, an entire platform gone (though admittedly I believe Mearls deleted that thread pretty quickly). The blog I got the post from is gone, and it took me going to the Wayback Machine to find it.

And these are the problems with asking for more evidence in these cases: as time goes on, it's easy for them to disappear unless people are actively gathering it or putting it in safe places. If Hill didn't save that screenshot, or if the Wayback Machine had not saved that blog post, I'd have a lot fewer specifics to work off of. But the thing is a lot of us (myself included) remember hearing about these things when they happened or after they did. However, I'm sure people would not take these memories of something happening as proof.

People say that nothing disappears on the internet, but that's not really true: a lot of things disappear on the internet all the time. It can be very easy to save things, but if you didn't realize you needed to save something, it can be gone forever before you even realize it.
Then save the proof if you're going to make a claim against someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads