Is switching Age of Worms to 4e halfway through worth it?

cangrejoide

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
Nope - it is most definately NOT enjoyable to DM into the high (14+) levels.

Same thing happened to me with Shackled City AP, I really hated Dming the last adventures.

Hopefully my experience will be differently under 4E.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
With many people complaining about DM burnout at high levels, I've decided to convert. Some conversions might be a pain, but at least play will go smoothly.

The one person who I thought would like the change the least, has already given his okay.

Thanks everyone.

Rav

catsclaw227

First Post
We're looking at converting as well, but we are halfway through Hall of Harsh Reflections. Our PCs are just shy of 8th level.

Are you converting levels evenly, i.e. a Fighter 7 in 3.5 = Fighter 7 in 4e, or are you upsampling things 1.5x, so that a Fighter 7 in 3.5 is more like a Fighter 10 in 4e?

Agamon

Adventurer
If I knew then what I know now, I'd end it quick if I was halfway through AoW. If you don't convert, find a way to tie everything up with The Prince of Redhand, trust me, this way you'll remember the whole thing as pleasent experience and not become bitter, like me. :)

catsclaw227 said:
We're looking at converting as well, but we are halfway through Hall of Harsh Reflections. Our PCs are just shy of 8th level.

Are you converting levels evenly, i.e. a Fighter 7 in 3.5 = Fighter 7 in 4e, or are you upsampling things 1.5x, so that a Fighter 7 in 3.5 is more like a Fighter 10 in 4e?
Our group is currently at level 10 or 11 in the module, and the DM already said that the group should create 15th level PC for his campaign. He found the ending of the campaign suitable for epic level play.

Agamon

Adventurer
Holy Bovine said:
Nope - it is most definately NOT enjoyable to DM into the high (14+) levels.

Less, even. The only reason I finished is that my players wanted to see it through. Got to the point where I fast tracked the last 1 1/2 adventures and did it in one night. Then I said hasta la vista 3e, because like constantly force-feeding yourself something you don't like until you want to throw up, the thought of it makes me queasy.

catsclaw227

First Post
I have been hearing that the AP gets awful after about 15th level, but are there any suggestions to wrapping the story arc when the PCs are done with Prince of Redhand?

catsclaw227

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Our group is currently at level 10 or 11 in the module, and the DM already said that the group should create 15th level PC for his campaign. He found the ending of the campaign suitable for epic level play.
This is what I am thinking, having the PCs make 11th and 12th level PCs (one PC is very early 7th, the others have just hit 8th).

[sblock=Spoiler Question]Since there is a Mind Flayer and some Drow at the end of Hall of Harsh Reflections, I looked at the 4e Mind Flayer and saw that it is a 14th level Lurker, and I think I can make him an Elite and still be in the level guidelines along with some Drow skirmishers and other such Drow types.[/sblock]

Agamon

Adventurer
catsclaw227 said:
I have been hearing that the AP gets awful after about 15th level, but are there any suggestions to wrapping the story arc when the PCs are done with Prince of Redhand?

Yup, it'd be easy.

[sblock]Have the ziggarat almost complete in PoR, remove the whole Dragotha sub plot and have the party fight a (less powerful) Lashonna to stop her from bringing back Kyuss.[/sblock]

Remove ads