D&D 5E Is Tasha's More or Less The Universal Standard?

Synthil

Explorer
We allow all of it. The party with a Twilight Cleric got TPKed in the second session, so I can't comment on how overpowered it is.
The Peace cleric however seemed a bit too strong in another campaign. Healed the most, tanked the most and did the most damage of the group. This was, however, the UA "Unity cleric" version of it.

The sorcerers are clearly stronger. But that puts them on par with the other casters in terms of power and enjoyment. I'd rather give the other sorcerers expanded spells known, than not allow the Tasha's subclasses.

I allow all of it with a caveat that I always have my players run choices by me first. One reason for this is that the story may affect a player's choices and I want to make sure my players understand what they're taking. Some of my players have a bad habit of skimming content that I'm trying to beat out of them...I mean explain why this is not the best way with a well placed logic discussion.

Li Shenron

Legend
I do not allow it whole by default.

If it didn't have all those free boosts for specific classes, I would have easily allowed most character material even if I personally don't like the majority of it (in fact I didn't buy the book myself) but those free boosts were a dealbreaker, so now my players would have to "mother may I" with me for every single bit of character material from that book.

aco175

Legend
My group does not own it, so we do not use it, but I did give out the option of +2/+1 where ever you want at character creation the last campaign. There may some other things that start to creep in.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
My group uses all of it. Started my character creation before it came out, so we didn't get to use the floating ASIs, but we have a Path of the Beast Barbarian, Soulknife Rogue, and a (retroactively) Genie Warlock and we use all the class options.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases