D&D 5E Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Nebulous

Legend
I went and picked up a copy of Monsternomicon I and II. These two books are where everyone needs to set their standards. They are brilliant!

I never got the second one, but i'm sure it is as awesome as the first. It would be fun adapting some of those to 5th edition stat blocks.

Uder

First Post
Oh, was it full of errors the first time around? I can't wait that long for re-re-revised!!!
Not really, no more than any other 3.0./3.5 monster book. It was very poorly bound and they did not offer replacements. So I finally caved and bought a second copy because it was starting to get ridiculous prices on the secondary market... then they released the Tome of Horrors Revised PDF for 3.5. Then they released Tome of Horrors Complete for Swords & Wizardry and some other game. Now they're releasing part of it again with a new name for 5e.

Unrealistically, I would love it if they gave out some vouchers for people who have already bought this book 3 (or 4 in my case) times.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Finally got ahold of my copy. And I gotta say, yeah, it's pretty danged awesome. Best ever? Really tough call. But certainly the best in a long time!

-The Gneech :cool:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Yeah, that art is bad. So is the half orc and tiefling. WoTC is a big company, and there is some great art in that book. Why they decided to go with an artist that can't hold a candle to the rest of the artists in that book is baffling. It looks like half finished work. If I'm the AD for a major product like this (and I know I'm not), there is no way I'd accept those pieces.

Yeah, that art is bad. So is the half orc and tiefling. WoTC is a big company, and there is some great art in that book. Why they decided to go with an artist that can't hold a candle to the rest of the artists in that book is baffling. It looks like half finished work. If I'm the AD for a major product like this (and I know I'm not), there is no way I'd accept those pieces.

That's what surprises me so much. I can't see how it got past their basic quality control mechanisms.

Remove ads