D&D 5E Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Shroomy

Adventurer
I don't think that the 5e MM is the best ever, but I think it is very, very good and perhaps the best monster book released by WotC. While I think that the 4e Monster Vault and Monster Vault 2 are also very good - they have the best overall lore IMO - the 5e MM has fairly evocative lore of it's own, better art, and a more diverse selection of monsters (something almost all the 4e monster books struggled with ). In addition, while I loved 4e monsters (I also have some affection for their more complex 3e cousins), I think I'm going to enjoy their philosophically similar 5e counterparts even more.

Nebulous

Legend
Wow. Nagas are seem considerably more dangerous in 5e than before. Like...nearly unkillable. And then they hold a grudge...

Uder

First Post
Wow. Nagas are seem considerably more dangerous in 5e than before. Like...nearly unkillable. And then they hold a grudge...

I'd say completely unkillable. To me the wish would have to be well worded. Wishing the naga's death in any way wouldn't work, you'd have to wish it into something else or wish away its very existence.

(starting a silent countdown here, too, BTW)

Remove ads