Is the War Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wisdom Penalty said:
You won't find me, as far as I can recall, saying a bad thing about either of those systems. It's like talking about an ex-girlfriend - nothing good can come of it, and few folks really care.

So, I guess I'm saying - Yes. An emphatic yes. I will let those who choose to play different systems do so in peace. I am Wisdom Penalty; hear me roar.

Let's hope for some reciprocity, eh?

Wis
Ironically, many of those incessant polls seem to have been started by a poster who loves 4e and believes that all those who don't are ignorant and haven't even read or played the 4e rules (and is hoping to prove this via the polls). The number of posts by those who are baiting the other side is roughly even, though there seem to be more coming from the rabidly-pro-4e side than the rabidly-anti-4e side, simply because the former is larger.

More interesting to me than such shenanigans are the people who are able to look at the new edition with an optimistic but critical eye, but those who starts such threads are destined to poor signal-to-noise ratios because both of the rabidly vehement camps will pounce into them: The anti-4e crowd will jump in and spew 4e hate and show how this proved their crazy conspiracy theories were right all along and the pro-4e crowd will leap in and make absurd claims that all mistakes and problems with 4e are actually the intentional acts of godlike perfect game designers who have turned all games in the world into acts of orgiastic bliss in all aspects and thus cannot have any flaws (their secondary attack, negative Int vs Will, is to say that it isn't a problem because the GM can just Rule0 to something not in the rules).

Zerakon

First Post
To be honest, as a casual EN Worlder, it is these rhetorical, non-substantive threads are what turn me off of EN World lately. There are far more interesting, substantive threads here but they don't seem to get as much interest, and fall off the main page. There are exceptions, but it's getting tiresome wading through the trash to find a few threads of value.

Cevalic

First Post
Wisdom Penalty said:
Dude, that's awesome. In my system, any time a WWF anecdote can be used in a discussion, the poster gains +2d6 cool points.

I can live with that system. I might even excel at that game.

hewligan

First Post
Zerakon said:
To be honest, as a casual EN Worlder, it is these rhetorical, non-substantive threads are what turn me off of EN World lately. There are far more interesting, substantive threads here but they don't seem to get as much interest, and fall off the main page. There are exceptions, but it's getting tiresome wading through the trash to find a few threads of value.

What you said x100!

smootrk

First Post
I am just wondering if the folks over at Dragonsfoot now embrace 3rd edition, since it is the new abandoned system?!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
They deceived us. The reasons given for this war were a deliberate lie! NO WMDs* WERE EVER FOUND!

*WoW MMORPG Derivatives

:D

diaglo

Adventurer
the war is over and OD&D(1974) won. was there ever any doubt.

diaglo "at least in the diaglo household it won" Ooi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads