• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a formula to calculate the cost of a new poison?

Baramay

First Post
I don't mean the craft skill. Magic items have a formula to calculate sale value. If the DM wishes to introduce a poison that has similar damage but a higher DC how would this affect the cost? If one wishes to have a poison be contact instead of injury how would this affect the cost? I don't have very much third party material and I suspect the answer might be found in one of these products?

irdeggman

First Post
I haven't seen a formula, per se.

But DMG pg 296-297

Complete Adventurer pg 97-98

and Book of Vile Darkness pg 44-45

all have tables.

I would simply look for the "closest fit" you can find and then "eye ball" it, like the way most other "new items" are done.

Amuk

First Post
If third-party splatbooks are acceptable in your campaign, The Quintessential Rogue has a straightforward but quite comprehensive poison manufacture system.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Amuk said:
If third-party splatbooks are acceptable in your campaign, The Quintessential Rogue has a straightforward but quite comprehensive poison manufacture system.
Aye and it's a solid set of rules as well.

the Jester

Legend
Amuk said:

Does it map well to existing WotC poison costs?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads