Tyler Dunn

Explorer
So I have a party consisting of the following characters

Variant Human Scout Rogue
Half-Orc Bear Totem Barbarian
Variant Human Light Cleric
Dragonborn Vengeance Paladin
Half Elf Lore Bard

Is this party balanced, or is it missing something necessary to function properly?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
You might want a wizard, but I think you're mostly fine.

I was thinking similar. This group is perfectly fine (and very, very good in a fight) but might miss the versatility of a wizard. But it absolutely not necessary.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I'd say this party should roughly balance; the two characters with heavy armor should help even out the three on the other side. It depends on how much the half-orc weighs.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
So I have a party consisting of the following characters

Variant Human Scout Rogue
Half-Orc Bear Totem Barbarian
Variant Human Light Cleric
Dragonborn Vengeance Paladin
Half Elf Lore Bard

Is this party balanced, or is it missing something necessary to function properly?

From a different definition of balanced - the balance between the party members is good.

All the classes in 5e (and the subclasses) are very close anyway (compared to prior editions), but in this case your party has taken very good options within the classes.

Iry

Hero
Looks fine to me. Paladin can switch hit between tank and raw DPS so you are strong on physical damage. Light Cleric has magical damage, Bard has utility magic, and three characters that can heal in a pinch.

Shiroiken

Legend
Totally fine. The bard should be a bit careful in selecting spells, since they're going to cover most of the party's artillery and control. If anything, this party is exceptionally balanced, because you have potentially 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 sneaks, and 2 faces. If any PC isn't present, there's always a backup.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
When designing adventures, you might want to be careful about creatures or effects that are wizard-oriented, because that's what will be scarce for your party. The bard will be able to cover things like teleportation circles so the shift to quick long-distance travel is preserved, but things like a fly spell aren't really in their wheelhouse without magic items to compensate.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases