• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

OOC: Look at the map again. It has a grid of letters and numbers. I figured that is where you tumble would put you. I wasn't going to update the whole map until everyone is done acting, but I wanted to indicate where you were. Please use the same grid reference to tell where you are moving in the future. You didn't specify, so I choose a likely place for you to end up.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

OOC: Sorry it's taking me so long to post. I only get a chance between 04:00 and 06:00 in the morning and sometimes in the evening after work I can grab a few minutes. Even if I had Internet access at work, we're monitered pretty closely due to HIPAA security standards and I couldn't post from there.

Rook will move to F11 and attempt to hit P1 (the one who jumped on Radoon) with a fist. I'm still uncertain about the AoO rules, so I'll attempt to tumble into position to avoid them.

Rook rolls 1d20+12, getting [3,12] = (15) (Tumble Check)

Rook rolls 1d20+5, getting [12,5] = (17) (to Hit)

Rook rolls 1d3+2, getting [2,2] = (4) (damage, non-lethal)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

OOC: Scott: I took Improved Unarmed Strike for that feat we discussed -- I haven't posted my character yet, so I wanted to make sure you knew.

Also, the whole not being able to change the color of my text is starting to bug me -- once I copy text from Invisible Castle, I can't change back to white!

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

OOC for Rook: Radoon tumbled back to F11, there is no opponent adjacent to F11 anyway, to attack PF1 Rook will need to go to D11. You will not be leaving a threatened square, so no risk of attack of opportunity. I'll assume you tumble anyway, because it looks cool. I looked at you draft sheet and came up with an AC of 19 or 20 when dodging. If this is incorrect let me know.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Rook

Scott,

If dodging, I'm actually AC 21 (4 for Dex, 5 for Armor, 1 for Skirmish since I moved 10' or more, and 1 for Dodge. Also, how does the Skirmish damage bonus work with non-lethal damage? I forgot to add that d6 to my damage roll.

Additionally, is Blooded one of the feats you have to take at first level? If so, I'd rather go ahead and take that one instead of Improved Unarmed Strike. It didn't say in the description, so I assumed I could take it later. It's in Forgotten Realms.

Mike

Rook rolls 1d6, getting [2] = (2) (Skirmish damage bonus, just in case)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

The large black form of Rook tumbles into action. He now faces the grubby pig farmer that had leaped on Radoon; the sound of a quick jab to the chin is lost among the din of frigtened birds. One of the farmers (PF7) responds to Rook's attack on his friend with a clumsey blow of his own, but does not connect with Rook who's reflexs allow him to avoid the blow easily. The others near Rook are still shaking off the effects of the blast, and don't react to him yet. The biggest and toughest of the farmers (TPF) grabs the startled Morwyn, who is still recovering from the blast, and knocks him to the ground (4 points non-leathal damage) and rushes past after young Jack Swift (now at E8). Jack angered at the assult on his boss, checks his desire to flee tosses a punch at the man, but it bounces harmlessly of the studded leather jack protecting the man's chest. Two of the farmers (PF10 and 11) move to cut off any retreat back the way you came (now at E and F 14) they exchange blows with Thomas Rivers who has pulled a belaying pin that was concealed in his loosefitting trousers. He cracks one a stout blow on the head (5 points non-leathal damage), but the man remains standing. He weaves drunkenly, but wether this is a result of drink or the blow no one is sure. Thomas takes a cuff on the shoulder (2 points non-leathal damage), but is undetered. Two of the men (PF2 and 3) move up more cautiously on Michael Storm (now at C4 and 5), but their attempts to punch him are unsucessful. The rest of the drunken land lubbers move into action. One (PF4) moves up trying to kick Morwyn, but misses. He tries again and misses again as Morwyn stands up. The leader of the Pig Farmers also tries to kick Morwyn as he rises. But something has changed in the young sailor. The man who rises from the ground has a tauntness and power about him not previously evident. His eyes are red and a fierce snarl is on his face and an almost animal growl escapes past gritted teeth. A couple more farmers move toward Rook, but are unable to hit him.

OOC: Here is the revised map. Actions for round 2?

Attachments

• streets1.xls
    15 KB · Views: 96

Scotley

Hero
OOC: If blooded is listed as a 'regional' feat then you must take it at first level, otherwise you can take it any time.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon gets up from his tumble, a little dissapointed that no one is close to him. He takes a quick look at the scene and will throw a dagger at Pig Farmer 6 and 7. Since Rook tried to help him, he will return the favor.

do we re-roll initiative or do we keep the same for the battle?

Also what is the distance of each square? So I can give the correct ranged attacks

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

OOC: OK, nix on the Improved Unarmed Strike - I'll pick it up later. I'll take Blooded as my third feat, which gives me +2 Initiative and +2 Spot.

Also, don't forget I have Mobility, which gives me +4 AC vs. Attacks of Opportunity caused by movement.

Rook - I'll tumble through E10 to F9, flanking TPF and attacking him with a fist.

Rook rolls 1d20+12, getting [8,12] = (20) Tumble Check

Rook rolls 1d20+5, getting [3,5] = (8) To Hit (almost certainly a miss)

Rook rolls 1d3+2, getting [3,2] = (5) and Rook rolls 1d6, getting [1] = (1) for Damage

OOC: Why the heck can't I break 10 on my d20 rolls? You'd think on the average one out of every two rolls would be over 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads