• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

OOC: I think it would be more "realistic" if we re-rolled initiative each round. Rook may be distracted by one of his teammates, he may get his footwork wrong, or something else may happen to slow him down a bit. On the other hand, just the opposite may be true as well.

Since it takes a while to read, roll, post, etc. anyway, it shouldn't be nearly as much trouble to re-roll initiative each time as it is when playing face to face.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The squares are 5' on a side. We will keep the same init. for the battle, unless you are unhappy with yours? :cool:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The dice are indeed frowning on Rook, thanks for the heads up on mobility, it is important to keep me up on such info. For now we'll stick with fixed init. because it is easier for me and one less thing to keep up with as you learn the boards, but I will reconsider in he future.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Scott,

When I throw my daggers< what are my minuses to hit with the blunt end?

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

OOC: You will be at -4 to hit in order deal non-leathal damage. This should not be a problem for Radoon since they are only AC 13.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Micahel will take a 5' step to E6. When he arrives he will raise his arms and say Occular in a commanding voice.

For the DM only [sblock]When Michael reaches E6 he will throw a flashstone at the two opponets attacking him. Note he will be out of the 5' radius by stepping back first. This will also move him closer to a supportive postions for the young sailor. Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 8
, getting [12,8] = (20)[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post

In that case...Radoon will throw 2 daggers at seperate targets on either side of Rook. This would be Pig farmer 6, D-10, and Pig farmer 7, d-12. Trying to do stun damage, the rolls are as follows...

Radoon rolls 1d20+6, getting [18,6] = (24) - 4 =20
Radoon rolls 1d20+6, getting [13,6] = (19) -4 = 15

Since you told me their AC, I will go ahead and roll damage, no crit hits and not throwing my good dagger. I also did remember to figure in my minuses for using both hands,

Radooon rolls 1d4+3, getting [2,3] = (5)
Radoon rolls 1d4+3, getting [4,3] = (7)

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

Michael steps smoothly back from the two men in front of him. Again his arms go up in what must be a magical gesture and says 'Occular' in his powerful voice, a bright flash of light errupts in front of the pig farmers, who seem slowed by the attack. Michael is now standing behind and between Morwyn and Jack Swift.

At almost the same time, Radoon draws and balanced throwing dagger with each hand and smoothly tosses them in one motion. The daggers tumble in the air and strike a pig farmer on either side of Rook hilt first at the same time. One of the men is hit squarely in the forehead and goes down (PF6). The other pig farmer is still up, but doesn't look as confident.

Rook begins a tumble away from his opponents an instant after the daggers strike. After an impressive display of tumbling Rook takes a swing at the large Tattooed Pig Farmer, but Rooks aim is off, perhaps distracted by the chaos of the moment.

Having been missed by Rook, the farmer continues to attack Jack Swift. He fists flash out twice striking the young man both times, while young Swift tries to return a blow at the same time he instead manages to lean right into the larger more capible fighter's fist. Jack Swift rocks back on his heels then falls on his ass and finally tumbles back on the ground unmoving. The grin on the big man's face fades as he turns his attention to the snarling horror that had seems an easy victom only seconds before.

The other sailor also has his hands full the two pig farmers facing him are a bit more wary of his belaying pin and while they don't manage to hit him they do make a strong effort throwing punches and weaving away from the pin. After their attempts he tries an attack of his own, but he does not manage to hit them either. OOC: Thomas is last on the init. list, but I went ahead and listed his action for convinience.

The Pig Farmers gather themselves to continue the assult. One (PF5) pursues the tumbling Rook, but can't manage to hit him. Another, (PF8) charges around his fallen companion and lands a well aimed blow on Rooks side (missed my crit check by 1!!!) doing 3 points of non-leathal damage. Two men move up on Radoon, including the one hit just it with a dagger (PF1 and PF7), but only one manages to land a glancing blow (2 points non-leathal damage).

The raging Morwyn attacks with startling ferocity as he swings (1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=18) with both fists putting extra power into each blow. His first blow striking (1d3+7=8) a pig farmer (PF9) and putting him on the ground. His other blow against the Tattooed pig farmer hits (1d3+5=8) and is equally powerful, but the man remains up.

Actions for round 3?

mleibrock

First Post

Radoon will attack the two who have engaged him, but not throwing any longer. I will quick draw my good dagger and my other and wollup one pig farmer with the hilt of each, providing the dice rolls are good.

I am assuming I will not be at any minuses to hit with the hilt since we are no longer ranged?

PF-7 Radoon rolls 1d20+7, getting [12,7] = (19) producing Radoon rolls 1d4+4, getting [2,4] = (6)

PF-1 Radoon rolls 1d20+7, getting [19,7] = (26) - crit hit producing Radoon rolls 1d4+4, getting [4,4] = (8) x2 = 16 :]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

Rook will tumble through E8 and E7 to land in D6, attacking PF3.

Rook rolls 1d20+12, getting [5,12] = (17) to Tumble

Rook rolls 1d20+5, getting [7,5] = (12) to Hit, missing AC 13

OOC: "#%@&%* @^#$&%!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads