• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Isn't "Disciplined" Useless?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Sure you could replace the monsters with entirely different stats.

But if you're curious on how things would work with the stats written, the words on the paper in front of you...

...then I assume EN World is the place to go! Am I right?

Ok, now I get what you are trying to do. I don't quite see the point though, If running a playtest era adventure I would use finished stats, more so if I can avoid confusing mechanics. I understand the idea, but I don't see how an answer is useful, I mean this is kinda self-inflicted.

CapnZapp

Legend
There are no finished stats for half the state blocks, the ones for unique/named NPCs.

Having to check the MM for each state block to see if I want to switch seems like it could lead to an inconsistent result.

But all this is beside the point: the playtest is a historical artefact whose details and development simply interests me. I'm curious about how these things were supposed to work.

Y'all had me thinking I didn't understand how advantage worked, right up until I saw the post dates for the first half of this thread. Was thinking to myself, "Wait, shouldn't the hobgoblins already get advantage on their attacks if they've got an ally adjacent to the target anyway?"

Remove ads