• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Italian 4E launch 7/8 June @ Parmafantasy

Cirex

First Post
CaliforniaRoll said:
Belli sti post mezzi in inglese mezzi in italiano :d

However the discount is really great. The PHB is going to cost 22 $, which means 15 euro + mailing. The collection of 3 core is 66 $, 42 euro. Here probably each handbook will cost 34.95 euro (as usual).
I think that the overseas mailing will be 15-20 euro, but 62 euro for 3 core handbooks is 50 euro saving.

Exactly like in Spain. I preordered the gift set from Amazon.com aswell. My friends got a low level of English, but we can work around that and it will improve their English.

Now, it's stupid that French and Italian versions are being released in June and Spanish version has not been announced...and they ignore my e-mails.
Ah well, one less customer.

CaliforniaRoll

First Post
Cirex said:
Exactly like in Spain. I preordered the gift set from Amazon.com aswell. My friends got a low level of English, but we can work around that and it will improve their English.

Now, it's stupid that French and Italian versions are being released in June and Spanish version has not been announced...and they ignore my e-mails.
Ah well, one less customer.

Yes it is also quite strange, since spanish-talking people outnumbers italian talking ones. But Italy is considered by WoTC as one of the most important markets in the world.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm going to Parma with a bunch of friends.

We pre-ordered the gift set from Amazon, but I'm looking forward to play some demo games before running 4e for my home group. Does anyone know which adventures will be run?

Ci si vede a Parma! :)

Njall

Explorer
I'd love to support the launch as well, but I'm afraid I'm out of luck ( and money ^^' ) these days.
I guess I' ll have to wait until late july to try out the game.
Have a nice trip, guys :D

(odio quando bollette, condominio e affitto trimestrale mi cascano sullo stesso mese :p)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
CaliforniaRoll said:
Not so much, there's many casual players
But do they buy anything?

Also, I have the sensation that the player population is aging. Most of the players are folks that started during the 80's (mostly through the red box).

Njall

Explorer
Nikosandros said:
But do they buy anything?

Also, I have the sensation that the player population is aging. Most of the players are folks that started during the 80's (mostly through the red box).

Well, while my old group ranges from 27 to 42, I believe 3e brought its fair share of new blood.
It's true that since most young players I know are students, they hardly buy anything but the PHB and a couple of splatbooks, but my FLGS probably sells its fair share of splats.
Furthermore, 10-15 years ago you hardly saw a RPG in a bookstore...nowadays, every bookshop I know has some RPGs in stock, mainly D&D.

I'd say it's still a niche market, but ever since WotC bought TSR, finding a D&D product around these parts became way easier.

Remove ads