• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Italian 4E launch 7/8 June @ Parmafantasy

cptkevin

First Post
Italian Community

Nikosandros said:
But do they buy anything?

Also, I have the sensation that the player population is aging. Most of the players are folks that started during the 80's (mostly through the red box).

Hi

I'm from Parma (Italy).
Here the community is quite strong, but, as u guesed, is aged. I start playing in '80 with the great red box. My group is active since late '80 and we played 1st, 2nd, and 3.x.

We'll start the 4ed and we already preordered (the change $/€ is quite good now) the books from amazon. We play only on english books because often the translation is not good, cause italian speech is not a good language for rulebooks (it's not the precision and the streamline of english speech).

My group and I we'll be at the convention. Hoping to see u on table, I greet u all, Italian (and Non) Players.

Bye

Cptkevin
(Crimson Griffons DM)

Subumloc

First Post
Nikosandros said:
I'm going to Parma with a bunch of friends.

We pre-ordered the gift set from Amazon, but I'm looking forward to play some demo games before running 4e for my home group. Does anyone know which adventures will be run?

Ci si vede a Parma! :)

We're going to run the D&D Worldwide Day adventures... a bunch of new stuff ;-) Sorry, I can't tell you anything else.

As for the translation, I ordered a gift set on Amazon too... it's actualy cheaper, specially if you get together several orders (less shipping costs). OTOH, if it wasn't for 25 edition, there would be a lot less gamers in Italy, I believe...

PS does anyone know if we could post this tread in the news, and how?

Domon

First Post
there are about 60k 3° ed. PHB around in italy (between 3.0 and 3.5, i think), so i guess dnd is quite popular. by contrast, other mainstream rpgs are luck to sell 2000 copies, and indie games (i worked on italian edition of don't rest your head - non cedere al sonno) are expected to sell around 200-300 copies per year, if successful.

so you can say that, while the rpg hobby is not really popular in italy, dnd alone is a titan among halflings.

(btw: main books for dnd4, like phb, dmg and mm, are being priced 29.90 euros, and the gift box should be 69.90. i think it's an honest price)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Subumloc said:
We're going to run the D&D Worldwide Day adventures... a bunch of new stuff ;-) Sorry, I can't tell you anything else.
Sounds good... :)

Is there any kind of advance booking for the event?
Subumloc said:
PS does anyone know if we could post this tread in the news, and how?
I think that you should send an email to Morrus.

CaliforniaRoll

First Post
Domon said:
there are about 60k 3° ed. PHB around in italy (between 3.0 and 3.5, i think), so i guess dnd is quite popular. by contrast, other mainstream rpgs are luck to sell 2000 copies, and indie games (i worked on italian edition of don't rest your head - non cedere al sonno) are expected to sell around 200-300 copies per year, if successful.

so you can say that, while the rpg hobby is not really popular in italy, dnd alone is a titan among halflings.

(btw: main books for dnd4, like phb, dmg and mm, are being priced 29.90 euros, and the gift box should be 69.90. i think it's an honest price)

Are you sure about the prices? 70 euro for a gift set is a very good price (but the 3 weeks "please wait" time and the translation problems still frightens me)

LordArchaon

Explorer
CaliforniaRoll said:
Belli sti post mezzi in inglese mezzi in italiano :d

However the discount is really great. The PHB is going to cost 22 $, which means 15 euro + mailing. The collection of 3 core is 66 $, 42 euro. Here probably each handbook will cost 34.95 euro (as usual).
I think that the overseas mailing will be 15-20 euro, but 62 euro for 3 core handbooks is 50 euro saving.

No no :)

Item(s) Subtotal: $62.97
Shipping & Handling: $12.48 (EXPEDITED SHIPPING)
Books Pre-order: -$3.15
-----
Total Before Tax: $72.30
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $72.30

= 46 EURO!!!

Even if I'll wait maybe even 15 days, 25 euro of difference... Make the difference!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads