It's a Drizzt! "Timeless" - New Drizzt Do'Urden Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

*Deleted by user*

jgsugden

Legend
I used to really enjoy these novels... Once upon a time. Then they just began to wander to keep up with the WotC setting changes and I lost my interest. I think I missed the last 9 or so. It would be nice to see them get to a return to form and be enjoyable, but I think too much damage has been done to the brand over these forced changes.

Askaval30

Explorer
Loved the first trilogy as a teen... but IMO it hasn't aged well... or with grace... both story and writing have not grown with time.

Then again I am old and cantankerous... I've replaced Salvatore with Polansky and Rothfuss, but if any young one finds inspiration in the likes of Drizzt I will not begrudge them that, I know I did!

Von Ether

Legend
Loved the first trilogy as a teen... but IMO it hasn't aged well... or with grace... both story and writing have not grown with time.

Then again I am old and cantankerous... I've replaced Salvatore with Polansky and Rothfuss, but if any young one finds inspiration in the likes of Drizzt I will not begrudge them that, I know I did!

No Abercrombie?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Did I miss an announcement that WotC/Hasbro had reached an agreement with HarperCollins to continue publishing D&D novels? Because that's kind of big news.
This is the first I've heard; say what you will about Driz'zt, but WotC getting an outsourced partner for new novels is big.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
This is the first I've heard; say what you will about Driz'zt, but WotC getting an outsourced partner for new novels is big.

It may "just" be a Salvatore-specific license for a specific number of books. I wouldn't be surprised if Harper Collins saw a market for that, or if Salvatore felt like writing another Drizzt book and convinced a publisher to push for it.

But since this was a leak from an ordering system, and its since been taken down, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this has stepped on some planned announcement that was supposed to be coming down the pike. I guess we'll see when the book gets officially announced if it's part of a whole line of Realms novels or just banking on Salvatore and Drizzt still being able to bring in some bank.

GameOgre

Adventurer
Love the Driz'zt stories. Even after all these years they are a good read.

Shrug never understood all the Driz'zt drama.

I read just about everything and to me there is plenty of room for these types of books.

Just because I love me some Abercrombie ,George R.R. Martain, Lawrence and all the rest doesn't mean I don't have a spot for Salvatore on my shelf.

Remove ads

Remove ads