• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's All About Illithids

This short video from the upcoming Sword Coast Legends video game demonstrates an illithid wiggling when hit by energy blasts. "Coming to Sword Coast Legends: Mind flayers, also called illithids, are the scourge of sentient creatures across countless worlds. Four tentacles snake from their octopus-like heads, flexing in hungry anticipation when thinking creatures come near." Sword Coast Legends is currently slated for release on PC on September 29th, with console releases later in the year.

This short video from the upcoming Sword Coast Legends video game demonstrates an illithid wiggling when hit by energy blasts. "Coming to Sword Coast Legends: Mind flayers, also called illithids, are the scourge of sentient creatures across countless worlds. Four tentacles snake from their octopus-like heads, flexing in hungry anticipation when thinking creatures come near." Sword Coast Legends is currently slated for release on PC on September 29th, with console releases later in the year.

[video=youtube;nXNSQ9cZYU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNSQ9cZYU0[/video]

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I lost interest after the 1st chapter in Pillars of Eternity. I think SCL will hold my imagination and interest a bit longer, should be a fun game.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
They are bigger because they are badder. :) In 5e medium just fills a 5'x5' space only playable races have a height table, from what I have found, as long as they are under 8 feet they are not considered large. This was a big issue I had with the MM, no size comparison chart, which I think should be in every MM.

Scorpio616

First Post
It's still on the same sized red ring 'base' as the PCs. Guess the Devs want to be sure the players see it's a Mind Flayer by making the model "Heroic Scale" aka Scale Creap'ed.

That visual effect for mindblast isn't a very impressive looking, more like a Gust Of Wind. Also it looks more like the Flayer was shoving folks away rather than tentacling & eating brains

Last edited by a moderator:

Galendril

Explorer
I think the illithid itself looks great as it is. But, yeah, what ever it was shooting out doesn't look like a mind blast at all. Maybe it should have more of a shimmering water like effect instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads