• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's Dark Sun

avin

First Post
Shadowfell and Feywild are an intrinsec part of 4E and will be in.

I see Feywild as a high magical place. Less desert storms, more desert illusions, fake oasis, genies in lamps, etc.

I'd rule that leave and enter Shadow/Faerie is more uncommon than on worlds like Faerun.

Shadowfell and Feywild are an intrinsec part of 4E and will be in.

I see Feywild as a high magical place. Less desert storms, more desert illusions, fake oasis, genies in lamps, etc.

I'd rule that leave and enter Shadow/Faerie is more uncommon than on worlds like Faerun.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Of course there are regular Fata Morganas in the DarkSun deserts. But they are still working as they should work in the real word. But in the Feywild, you will actually reach a Fata Morgana, and drink the water it promises - while your friends will watch you in horror as you try to swim in sand and drink it.

Of course, if you ever encounter oasis, it might be a lush paradise - and you'll never want to leave. Or stop eating and drinking, until you die from overeating and overdrinking.

---

I am not sure yet what the Shadowfell would be like. It might be entirely without a sun or moon, perhaps? And bitter cold. But there is no snow - there is no water for it here, either.

AllisterH

First Post
People keep picking on the Feywild, but can you imagine the Athasian Shadowfell? :eek:

Doesn't Athas ALREADY have a Shadowfell in the form of the Grey?

True, that was a post-REVISED Darksun campaign setting but I don't see why elements can't be fused with the original boxset

"He was horrible! Three extra eyes, unnatural green skin, and a badminton racket!"

lol.gif

Budalic

First Post
Originally Posted by Somebloke
Hang on.
Didn't the haflings live in some verdant, gorgeous rainforest area- nature turned up to 11- that was a) almost utterly inaccessable and b) horribly dangerous?

Wouldn't this do as a Feywild substitute?

Eladrin hunted by halflings!

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
I think what Kamikaze is saying is, you're asking the wrong question. You're asking "Why not put the feywild in?" when the question should be "Why should we put this in?"

Eh, maybe it's just me, but it smells of change for the sake of change. "Well, our other settings have this, we better throw it into this one as well." That's not really a good reason to force a change to the setting.

To borrow someone else's example, imagine if it was a common trope to put line dancing in every setting. We'd think they're out of their minds.

Remove ads