D&D 5E It's Dwarfy McDwarferson from the Player's Handbook!

Boarstorm

First Post
I like her. I've never seen the appeal of bearded dwarven ladies (outside of potential comical effect a la Discworld), but I guess tastes differ.

Regardless, she continues the theme of non-sexualized strong women that we've seen throughout the art of this edition (so far!). That can't be a bad thing.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I like her. I've never seen the appeal of bearded dwarven ladies (outside of potential comical effect a la Discworld), but I guess tastes differ.

Regardless, she continues the theme of non-sexualized strong women that we've seen throughout the art of this edition (so far!). That can't be a bad thing.

+1

Thaumaturge.

Ichneumon

First Post
Some previews give lots of new information. This one only gives a picture. Looks good, though.

I'm hoping for a duergar subrace, given it was hinted at in the basic rules.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Solid. A little "strike a pose and float in a void" but the landscape behind her makes up for it enough, and besides, I cannot hold EVERY 5e picture to the standard that some of the awesome starter set images were. Not everything can be a scene, I guess. :)

Definitely looks like a character I'd like to play or join a party with.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The pic is growing on me.

As for national origin: Iceland. Norse mythology. Look at the hammer, the runes. Not a bagpipe, kilt, jug of whiskey, blue pict, thistle, cauldron, celtic bardic shape-changing weirdness, or golf-club in that picture. She might be thrifty, but that is not nearly enough.

Melkor

Explorer
I like the architecture in the background, and it's cool they show a female dwarf with a hammer, but something about her face bothers me (and no, it's not the lack of a beard). Just not a big fan of how she looks.

Gundark

Explorer
Overall I like the art that 5e has taken and the non-sexualization of the female characters. I like this piece overall, except she's holding that hammer in a really awkward way.

I feel that I wouldn't be nervous letting my 11 year daughter thumb through the 5e books.

Remove ads