It's Nearly Time For PATHFINDER HORROR

The 256-page Pathfinder hardcover book, Horror Adventures, is now available for pre-sales with a release date in July. With corruptions, horror-themed archetypes, feats and spells, rules for madness and sanity, advice for running scary games, and new monster templates, the book is designed to bring a whole new genre to the Pathfinder RPG. "Terrifying New Hardcover Takes the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game into the Darkest Reaches, Where the Dead Hunger for the Living, Alien Gods Brood in Dreams, and Madness and Death Lurk Around Every Corner"

The 256-page Pathfinder hardcover book, Horror Adventures, is now available for pre-sales with a release date in July. With corruptions, horror-themed archetypes, feats and spells, rules for madness and sanity, advice for running scary games, and new monster templates, the book is designed to bring a whole new genre to the Pathfinder RPG. "Terrifying New Hardcover Takes the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game into the Darkest Reaches, Where the Dead Hunger for the Living, Alien Gods Brood in Dreams, and Madness and Death Lurk Around Every Corner"

pfhorror.jpg

There are things that dwell in the dark places of the world, deep beneath the ground, in long-abandoned crypts, or in musty attics; terrible things that can destroy your body and shatter your mind. Few sane individuals would ever think to seek out such nightmares, but those that are drawn into the darkness often find it infecting them, corrupting them in ways both subtle and gross. Some think that those who die facing off against such horrors are the lucky ones, for the survivors are forever scarred by their experiences. Horror Adventures gives you everything you need to bring these nightmares to your game.

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Horror Adventures includes:

• Corruptions that can turn your character into a monster, from a blood-drinking vampire to a savage werewolf.
  • Character options to help heroes face the forces of darkness, including horror-themed archetypes, feats, spells, and more.
  • Rules for sanity and madness, giving all the tools needed to drive characters to the brink and beyond.
  • Tips and tools for running a scary game, along with expanded rules for curses, diseases, haunts, and fleshwarping to bring your nightmares to life.
  • New templates to turn your monsters into truly terrifying foes, from creatures made from living wax to the stalker that cannot be stopped.

Characters can take far more than a few hit points of damage when their very sanity is called into question from witnessing horrors too terrible to comprehend. To face such nightmares, the heroes can take new feats, utilize powerful spells, and even acquire holy relics to aid them. They will need every edge they can get if they plan to survive the secrets of this book.

Jabborwacky

First Post
Since when is five months "nearly"?

This makes me appreciate WotC's "don't announce it until it's almost ready" strategy a little more, since Paizo is trying to just start hype for this book - almost half a year away - while their next hardcover is coming in a little under two months. It's hard to be excited for both.
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9j6p?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Intrigue
Honestly, that's more newsworthy being so much closer. And I don't think I've seen the cover to that prior.
View attachment 73997

I guess that's what the iconic vigilante looks like...

I think the inquisitor in Dragon Age: Inquisition handled this situation a lot better... :p

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Bleh. Not a huge horror fan. While I can get behind something iconic loke Stradh or werewolves, tentacles and madness is just not my cup. Unfortunately this probably means horror theme for the next season of PFS.

EMR

First Post
More Feats...YAY! or more likely yay....as in a sarcastic who gives a crap. Is the PF system over the 2k in feats mark yet? It was at 1770 when I got burned out on the game and its mythic rules that blew chunks about a year ago. Quick someone log into their HeroLabs account and see how many the game has now if you have all the books unlocked. It has to be over 2k and that's why people need HL for PF.

The diversity of its system is Pathfinder's greatest strength. If I wanted a small handfull of character options that I could barely do anything with, I'd play 5e. Instead, I get another awesome book full of options for anything and everything I could possibly imagine. I say the more the merrier!

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The diversity of its system is Pathfinder's greatest strength. If I wanted a small handfull of character options that I could barely do anything with, I'd play 5e. Instead, I get another awesome book full of options for anything and everything I could possibly imagine. I say the more the merrier!

To each his/her own. I played PF and enjoyed it...probably would if we just used the core book and a couple since, like the ultimate magic. Buts that's about it for me. Throw the half baked mythic rules book into the fireplace....about all its good for.

DarkStalkerJ

First Post
Frustrating that, at least for me, Amazon doesn't show it as pre-order-able. "horror adventures" and variants do show up as searches from other users, but the actual product, no dice.

Remove ads

Remove ads