It's so frustrating

Drindin

First Post
What's so frustrating you ask?

Simply put: Being shoved aside.

Oh, that could mean many things, but here's the thing I mean:

As a whole, both my characters and myself are socially inept. Me, mostly by choice, my characters, well, heaven knows.

Now, initially, this isn't such a bad thing... but when it comes to storylines, it's the worst thing that can happen to a character. Why? Simply because, as it has proven to be so far, unless you are friends with many many characters, you're not going to find yourself involved in very many... if any at all.

Why is this? Many storylines only allow friends of characters or family of characters in peril to come to the rescue. Not a single vigilante, or a single mercenary, or a single Glory Seeking Randomn Adventurer is allowed to be involved.

This has caused problems for me. Many many problems. Biggest of which occured recently. I will not say any names, but my I will state my character was shoved aside by the other adventurers because he had no relations to those in peril.

This frustrates me for a couple reasons, the most prominent being how possibly ridiculous it is.

Why's it so ridiculous? Because this place is ISRP, or "Interactive Story Role Playing". I've been unable to really interact with stories without getting PM's reading "You sure you want to do this?" Or having other characters tell mine that "You aren't related, so you shouldn't."

Thus, this post came about. I'm not about to go off and make my self a hypocrate by sitting here and doing nothing. I've decided, now that you know why I'm frustrated, to get all the great plot-making-minds together to come up with a story, a story that will NOT be ridiculous, why? Because ANY BODY! And I mean A-N-Y-B-O-D-Y can join it! GRR! I can't make my point seem strong enough! I want this to be the story of ALL STORIES! The STORY THAT WILL RULE ALL OTHER STORIES!

THAT"S RIGHT! All others!

I mean we can have the vigilante, the out cast, the mercenary, the evil villains, the reformed-villian, the glory seeking adventurer!

I want a no-holds-barred adventure, so that NONE OTHERS LIKE MYSELF shall EVER exist! No one shall ever feel left out because their characters are uselessly shoved aside!

I want this adventure to span Juxta, and Oerth alike (Wizo's permitting, of course!)

This is an adventure that will not just take one mind, but many minds to concoct! I am calling you, yes, you, all of you who read this! I'm calling those of you who want to work for this cause, to bring the "I" back into "ISRP"!

Wether you will be a good guy or a villian, a contender or a writer, I'm calling YOU to help me!

WHOSE WITH ME!?

Savael

First Post
*applauds loudly*

Well, well...well...

I'm with you on this one Drindin old boy, till the bitter end and blah blah blah...

Bottom line is... well, you can count me in, if you want to. Hell I've missed your moody little cleric since... well, since a very long time ago in any case!

Gah... I've never been very good with words... but you can count me in on this, if you want me to.

- Savael Kaaraniir

W

WizO_Nashira

I myself have been shoved aside in the past, and understand how you feel. I would suggest coming up with an idea, and running it by Adele and Siani just to make sure it's okay to span Juxta and Oearth.
I personally think this is a great idea, and applaud you for your actions. I think everyone should have to opportunity to join into a single amazing story line, I just cant imagine what sort of story it would take to involve everyone.
I'll gladly help if I can! :D

WizO Nashira

Drindin

First Post
WizO_Nashira said:
I myself have been shoved aside in the past, and understand how you feel. I would suggest coming up with an idea, and running it by Adele and Siani just to make sure it's okay to span Juxta and Oearth.
I personally think this is a great idea, and applaud you for your actions. I think everyone should have to opportunity to join into a single amazing story line, I just cant imagine what sort of story it would take to involve everyone.
I'll gladly help if I can! :D

WizO Nashira

Nashira, Savael, your support is greatly welcomed! Hugely, infact!

Now, I've had a couple ideas for what we could do for a storyline

• The evil dragons found commonly on Oerth have banded together. Hiding on Juxta, they plan to take both it and Oerth over, using armies of recruits and hired baddies, as well as figure head villains.
  • The most infamous villains of both Oerth and Juxta have banded together to try and despose of all good in both, after being annoyed by their (Rather successful) attempts at stopping them.
  • A strange rash of abductions, possessions, and murders strikes, at first only on Juxta, but after a couple days, it spreads of Oerth. At first there are only a few, bar talk mostly, but then more powerful and prominent people begin to disappear...

Andion Isurand

First Post
I'd have to agree with Drindin, for I have also been pushed aside many times as well. It's been extremely hard for me to get involved with anything these past few months or even getting acknowledged when one of my characters are present and actively participating.

I mean, the characters that are friends with my characters most always have a moment or two to say hello... but with anyone else, my characters are often ignored and left floating nearby like a run-down satillite - left to be burned up in the atmosphere.

To mention another source of dissappointment, and I don't know why, but the wizos have been failing to recognize my more established characters lately. Its rather off putting to get PMed conerning things that I have been doing for the past couple years without previous comment.

This is especially true when there are others around me doing these same small things, and go unchecked even as I get these forementioned PMs.

I would just like to have my characters feel like they exist more and have the wizos better recognize 'real' problems.

T

Thogroar

All right! Big storyline! I'm in for this one!
Oh, and I like this last Idea here, but others could definetly work!
Now, I've had a couple ideas for what we could do for a storyline

• A strange rash of abductions, possessions, and murders strikes, at first only on Juxta, but after a couple days, it spreads of Oerth. At first there are only a few, bar talk mostly, but then more powerful and prominent people begin to disappear...
[/B]

W

WizO_Nashira

To mention another source of dissappointment, and I don't know why, but the wizos have been failing to recognize my more established characters lately. Its rather off putting to get PMed conerning things that I have been doing for the past couple years without previous comment.

To clear this up a bit, PM's are only seen by the person(s) they are sent to. Unless you ask in PM when someone else does something to see if they were PMed by a WizO about it, how would you know if they werent being PMed for the same actions? Most people, if they know they were in the wrong, wouldn't admit to it anyhow, so even if they say "no" you cant be sure. WizO's are Human as well, and do not always see every single thing.
Anywho, this is totally off subject.
I've already put my vote in with the thread starter on chat. I will be happy to participate and hope for a grand turnout. I miss the old story lines of years past.

Andion Isurand

First Post
I know how PMs work, been on the chats for over two years.

To explain:

I would ask of friends around me when I got PMs...

...and discovered others not getting the remarks I was, though they were doing the same things at the same time in the same room.

But anyway, Im up for almost any storyline as well.

C

Ceres

I will say that I'm all for more storylines, but I would like to address your complaints about the 'turning away.' Although it can be frustrating OOC, I know cause it has happened a few times to me, one must also remember that IC characters do have certain views. Given the nature of Juxta and the 'Roads and those who visit it, it's unlikely someone is going to trust a total stranger who offers to help. I can say none of my characters would. Most of mine only trust those on Juxta that they know.

Also, a lot of storylines are planned out by the participants ahead of time, though there is usually some room to play with should something unexpected or someone else want to join. It depends on teh players. Like I said, I see where you're coming from, but one must look at things from a different viewpoint sometimes. Realistically, someone who doesn't know many people is less likely to be involved in anything. That's how things go.

So anyways, I can say I'm more than willing to participate in your storyline, but as advice, I'd suggest that perhaps you try to get your character to know more people.

Drindin

First Post
As I said: I try, but I'm socially inept.

And, I get plent of OOC turn-downs from players, and also, it's uncharacteristic for many of my characters to stand around and do nothing when something bad is happening, especially if they can see it.

Any whoo... I'm gonna start planning this thing soon.

((OT: Who here's seen Rockin' Vegas, 'cause I saw it last night at the mayfield dinner theatre with my school, and it ROCKED!))

Remove ads