WotC James Wyatt is on the Dungeons & Dragons Team Again

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yea Keith seems to mention him a lot talking about those days so I dunno if it's more than justhis art & to what degree
He was one of the writers of the main Campaign book:

1615223523524.png

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
After he finished writing the 5E Dungeon Master's Guide in 2015, James Wyatt transferred internally to the Magic: the Gathering team. It seems that he is back on the D&D design team now:

[Edited out HTML from post; note that the boards don't support HTML posts - Morrus]
Thanks for posting this, Parmandur, it is always nice to know who is working on the books. I like listening to Wyatt speak about his designs and he seems to have a way of thinking that is clear and based on great concepts.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wonder if James Wyatt moving back to D&D has anything to do with WotC being "promoted" within Hasbro.
Just speculating, but he has worked on three big D&D books in the past three years, and the line of Magic the Gathering Art books he was working on seem to have changed direction. Seems fairly natural, particularly if the Magic and D&D teams are going to be collaborating more on world building (the latest Magic world, Kaldheim, seems like it was designed with D&D play in mind more than previous Magic Settings were).

Sonny

Adventurer
I wonder if James Wyatt moving back to D&D has anything to do with WotC being "promoted" within Hasbro.
I was thinking that him and Mike Mearls working on D&D again is a bigger indicator that 6e is being looked at.

But then again, maybe he was just tired of working on Magic and wanted to work on RPGs again.

Remove ads