• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JA's "The Prince's Own" Scotley/Henry Northantis Solo/RG

Scotley

Hero
Henry tips the driver generously as he expects one who lives in such a place might. He alights from the carriage and takes up his gifts and pauses to admire the house and grounds before presenting his card at the door.

J. Alexander

First Post
The door is opened by a classical dressed houseman who welcomes you . The house us decorated in classical enduring colors as well and very tastefully furnished. Well polished wood and crystsal gleam. You are expected sir and he leads Henry into a receving room just off the entryway. Henry guess this is a room used to greet those the owner is unsure about . A few minutes later and older lady impecciable dressed and walking heavily with a cane enters. " uou must br Henry"

Scotley

Hero
Henry tries a courtly bow, "You are correct. Baroness Walking I presume? I have a small token of my esteem for you." He offers up the flowers and sweets. "I thank you for seeing me. As I mentioned in my letter I will be living at the palace and being new to politics and the capital I hoped to benefit from your wisdom and guidance."

J. Alexander

First Post
Taking the offered sweets and flowers she hands them to a footman. Please. Be seated she says as she takes a seat . I wish i could be of assistance but i have not been active at court in over 50 years

Scotley

Hero
"But surely so close to the heart of things you hear some news? At least more than I got traipsing about the wilderlands with Horse Guards o tucked away at boarding schools. Well no matter. I really just felt that it would be remiss of me not to make contact with family here. I am at your service should you need anything at all. And I hope if you have time you'll be able to talk on occasion. You have at least been active at court which puts your knowledge ahead of mine even if you are out of practice."

J. Alexander

First Post
Sorry for the delay

"Perhaps we can do tea on occasion" she says "Otherwise my normal receiving hours are tuesday and thursday 2 to 4 in the afternoon if you would care to drop by"

While not the reception he was hoping for henry feels like there may be an opportunity here as the lady at one point did enjoy some time at court

Scotley

Hero
"I do have another request for you to consider. As I am new here in the capital I know very few people here. I would like to meet some other young people from respectable families. I though perhaps you might have connections that would facilitate such contact."

J. Alexander

First Post
"I do think we can do that for you at the least" she says.."it may take a week or so but I will host a small gathering for your introduction...its the least I owe Henry "my husband" your namesake I dare say"

J. Alexander

First Post
"Henry has many stories about him" she laughs " some joyful some painful and some outrageous" then getting up frim the table she says " Here let me show you Henry" and leads him to a study on the second floor. A 4x6 painting is above the fireplace with almost a doppleganger image of yoursel perhaps at 50 staring down at you

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads