D&D 5E Jasper's Annual I spend how much this year!!!

Dan Chernozub

First Post
[MENTION=277]jasper[/MENTION]
It just rubbs it in the face of people who live in countries with significantly lower average wages. I am earning like x4 the average salary and can not afford that kind of expenses. Feels bad man.

Just my literal 0.02

dave2008

Legend
What is the point of this bragging post?

I don't know what the OP's point is, but I found it interesting and I am glad he/she posted it. It is interesting to see what others have spent and makes me reflect on what I have spent.

Personally this was a light year for me, I only purchased Tomb of Annihilation. But I do have about $81 of items on my DM's Guild wishlist that I will probably purchase before the end of the year.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Man, I don't think I've spent any where near that on the hobby. I have all of the books + a few extra purchases on other rpgs, mainly pdf purchases from drivethru. I'm considering dropping a little over $2k NZD on a surface that I intend to use for DnD primarily but haven't quite convinced myself to do so.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

jasper

Rotten DM
@jasper
It just rubbs it in the face of people who live in countries with significantly lower average wages. I am earning like x4 the average salary and can not afford that kind of expenses. Feels bad man.

Just my literal 0.02
Thank you for your two cents. But I am not here to discuss wages across the world. Did you buy any of the same products? If so list my price and yours and we could discuss that.
Edit to add.
Total spend was 2.81% of gross salary. But I am 54 with 4 year degree and 25 years of service in same company.

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Interesting breakdown.

So it seems like money is to be made in minis. :) On a slightly more serious note for this many minis, do you do a lot of DMing?

jasper

Rotten DM
Interesting breakdown.

So it seems like money is to be made in minis. :) On a slightly more serious note for this many minis, do you do a lot of DMing?
About weekly. And since I had not bought myself a present and want to help out the local friendly game store I bought a case. Now that I got a lot, I may just by a brick. That reminds me, I need to pull mini's for tomorrow game tonight.

Remove ads