D&D General Jeff Goldblum To Appear In Dungeons & Dragons Podcast

Actor Jeff Goldbum will be appearing in the Dark Dice podcast, playing an elven sorcerer called...

Actor Jeff Goldbum will be appearing in the Dark Dice podcast, playing an elven sorcerer called Balmur in the upcoming season starting on 12th May.

goldblum.png

art by Marcel Mercado​

Dark Dice is an actual play podcast from Fool & Scholar Productions. They sent along the following announcement:

Jeff Goldblum (The World According To Jeff Goldblum; Jurassic Park franchise) has embarked on his latest adventure; playing the elven sorcerer Balmur on the upcoming season of the popular Dungeons & Dragons podcast Dark Dice. Goldblum voices one of the five player-characters in the improvised audio drama, where the outcome of the story is determined by the fated rolling of dice. Unlike most stories of the genre, Dark Dice’s quest takes place after a failed attempt to save the world and follows the team’s hunt for revenge against the other player-controlled team. To complicate mystical matters, Goldblum’s team is stalked by a creature known as The Silent One, a deceptive being that steals the face and voice of any creature it chooses. Can Goldblum and the team figure out who the doppelganger is before it’s too late? Can you? The new season, entitled “The Long March” begins May 12th and is available for free on the Dark Dice podcast feed and wherever you get your podcasts.

Now in its second season, Dark Dice is a multi-award-winning improvised fantasy roleplaying podcast. Boasting the highest production value in the genre, it presents a seamless cinematic experience akin to an audio movie. The show features immersive soundscapes, a diverse international cast, and an original soundtrack featuring an orchestra, over thirty medieval instruments, and a live choir singing in Infernal, Icelandic, and Elvish. Well-established for breaking the mold of audio-horror and roleplaying podcasts, Dark Dice also carries an unexpected emotional depth. New episodes release monthly on all podcasting platforms.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Does anyone know if Jeff Goldblum is a geek who actually plays D&D or is this an acting job for him?

No idea, I've never heard/seen anything that indicated he is interested in D&D... though he is clearly an eccentric person, so it's not entirely unlikely.

I would be surprised if this is just an acting job. He's a pretty famous film actor and I doubt is truly starving for work, so I feel like he took this job partly because he is actually interested in the concept at minimum. At maximum, he's been playing D&D for a long time or played it in his childhood.

Dire Bare

Legend
I don't listen to a lot of D&D podcasts, but . . . Dark Dice might have to get a listen! Goldblum is always fun!

EDIT: To add . . .

WOW! I just clicked the link and read a little more, this one is going to have some amazing production values! And there will be two opposing teams of player characters! Very interesting!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Does anyone know if Jeff Goldblum is a geek who actually plays D&D or is this an acting job for him?
Check out the Disney+ show "The World Accordign to Jeff Goldblum." One of the episodes has him jumping in the deep end with no prior roleplaying experience and joining in a large LARP game, and he seemed to be having a good time. So he doesn't have deep roots in the hobby, but he is open-minded.

Ristamar

Adventurer
Wow, I remember listening to a few episodes of this podcast shortly after it started and being incredibly impressed by their audio post production work. Awesome pull for them to get Goldblum. I might have to go back and pick up where I left off.

I don't listen to a lot of D&D podcasts, but . . . Dark Dice might have to get a listen! Goldblum is always fun!

EDIT: To add . . .

WOW! I just clicked the link and read a little more, this one is going to have some amazing production values! And there will be two opposing teams of player characters! Very interesting!
I listened to it after hearing they had a D&D game. If you haven't checked out the White Vault, I recommend it. It's a non-gaming story, high quality...

Remove ads

Remove ads