• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jelly Beans [OT: jelly beans]

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's those black jellybeans that are the bane of everyone's existence. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be...some sort of poison licorice I think, but whatever they are, they're out there, waiting for you to let your guard down...be wary!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
The black ones are, often, indeed Licorice usually. And licorice is really a like it/hate it thing. Either you can stand it (but you don't love it), or you can't. Not much of a middle ground for such a wierd flava.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
There are good and bad degrees of licorice. Twizzlers, for example, is great stuff. Why can't the black jellybeans taste like that?

fba827

Adventurer
There are 3 of those flavors that make me sick (literrally). buttered popcorn being one of them!!!!!!

There are two others that I think are the most repulsing taste imaginable. But I won't mention them. Everyone has their own taste preferance. :)

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Are we talking about Jelly Belly jellybeans or some Harry Potter bandwagon beans?

I like the buttered popcorn ones, the toasted marshmallow is good too. Certain ones are great when eaten together.

BY ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TASTY DO NOT EAT THE "JUICY PEAR" FLAVORED ONES!

It just ain't right.

Enforcer

Explorer
Bran Blackbyrd said:
BY ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TASTY DO NOT EAT THE "JUICY PEAR" FLAVORED ONES!

It just ain't right.

Why the hell not?!? Those are my absolute favorites! Back in high school I'd by a 1/4 lb. of them to sneak into the movie theatre. Yum!

DDK

Banned
Banned
Kamikaze Midget said:
The black ones are, often, indeed Licorice usually. And licorice is really a like it/hate it thing. Either you can stand it (but you don't love it), or you can't. Not much of a middle ground for such a wierd flava.
No they're not, they're aniseed flavoured. These two things often get confused. Much like people confusing ouzo with methylated spirits. It's very easy to do. One simple rule to remember: Licorice good, aniseed bad. Let me repeat that: licorice good, aniseed bad.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Enforcer said:

Why the hell not?!? Those are my absolute favorites! Back in high school I'd by a 1/4 lb. of them to sneak into the movie theatre. Yum!

You are obviously a devil spawn like my brother and will be dealt with accordingly.

When the strangers with stun batons and a package of zip ties show up at your residence, go quietly and try not to resist the 'cleansing'. Resisting just makes it burn more...

Those things taste like pure, distilled evil.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads