• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Anniversary Special IC

dream66_

First Post
"Physically Yes, but I desperately need a shower." She looks around at all the chaos. "Are we making any progress, at we getting anywhere?"

Diana mentally swats away a creature of some sort that's charging at Lyn. "I'm not sure you monsters understand how much I really need a shower"

Jemal

Adventurer
Juan returns to bashing while D tries to make an effective barricade, but there's nothing nearby substantial enough to block the portal.

Diana and Lin float near the horned tongue-man as the Glabrezu squishes him into unconsciousness "Errtu? BIZMATEC? Surely you jest, my lady, comparing me to such rabble. I was Alzoll the hidden, and with your aid shall be again" he roars and tosses the unconscious horned man at a nearby monster.

Rob continues concentrating and suddenly feels a Pop, followed by a rushing sensation as power surges through the room and into the portal, which disappears with a crackle.

The hall goes completely silent for a moment, and then the remaining mass near the center is sent flying as the Guardian erupts from it. "Fight ON!" he shouts, sending a pained yet hopeful smile in your direction.

The mass of demons, monsters, and other assorted evils seems to loose its cohesion and instead of trying to kill everyone, begin fighting their way out.
Two large hulking, brutish demons (recognizable as Hezrou to D&D players) storm your location along with a cocky looking geek, who appears normal except for his red eyes. They glow as he approaches, and he sends a wave of fire out at you, the Hezrou charging in behind it.
Rob and Jim duck behind the wall and Lins forcefield seems to withstand the brunt of it, though the heat leaves her a bit dizzy. Diana is not so lucky, as her sock catches on fire. Fortunately for them, Juan and D are too far to the side to be hit by the fire.

Drawn by the sudden conflagration, one of the heroes who's been buzzing around flies over. D, Jim, and Lin recognize him as the fourth member of their group from Saskatoon - Scott!
"Hail Scotticus!" Jim stands from behind the wall with a grin and salutes him, but then his eyes widen as one of the Hezrou charges him, and he barely dodges is massive swing, which knocks part of the wall down.

The other Hezrou charges the Glabrezu Alzoll, and the two slam into each other.

OOC:
OK now that the portals closed and all the characters have been approved, we'll be using full stats and rolls for everything. Lin fails the toughness save by 1 degree, so takes a bruise (-1 to future saves vs damage) while Di fails by two degrees. Since this is a special attack, she is bruised and instead of being dazed, catches on fire. You can put it out as a standard action no check, or someone else who has an appropriate power can do the same for you. If its still burning by next update, you take more damage.
Alright people, you're up!
BBs, Please remember to describe your suit.

Last edited:

dream66_

First Post
OOC:
Not actually wearing socks in this costume, but my skirt is probably flammable

Diana looks in horror at the flames leaping off her cloths the heat rising. Suddenly every living thinking creature within a 1 mile radius hears a feminine voice screaming in their head "Ow! Put it out, put it out! Help!" Anyone near within visual range can tell the voice comes from Diana, despite the voice not sounding the same. In the midst of panic overwhelming her she remembers the elementary school lessons and drops to the floor and begins rolling around patting at the fire till it goes out.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Lets try this out..." Juan focuses, and the blue energy swirls over his head, solidifying into a flail head. "No, bigger!" more energy attaches to the flail head, until a giant ball of spikes hovers over Juan. He prpels it and throws it over a group of monsters.

Using create to make a giant flail head and drop it like an area attack. That'll be a 18 damage DC for those not getting through the 13 reflex save, and a dmg DC of 16 for those that do.

Raivon

First Post
"Squeee!! He talks!! Alzoll.. I like it!"
"Hey they attacked us.." Staying close to Alzoll, Raivon places her hands on her hips and seductively glares at the red eyed man.
"I wonder if I can make him follow me around to keep him busy?" Raivon starts slowly flying backwards to see if he follows her.

OOC:
Use charm (affliction) on red eyed man
flight to keep out of reach of him

Wrahn

First Post
Rob cringes back as part of his wall gets taken down by the type II demon. Think, think, if they are taking the form of a type II demon, they are probably going to take on the characteristics of it. What weaknesses does it have? Cold Iron? Damn it, what is cold iron? Fire? … No, Acid? Screw it.

Preparing to try to see what else he can create, he sees Diana on the ground on fire, without even thinking he concentrates and a deluge of water appears above Diana, completely soaking her and putting the mostly extinguished fire out.

Rob shrugs sheepishly, “You said you wanted a bath…”

dream66_

First Post
Rob here's the voice in his mind again. "Cold Iron is iron that worked without melting, heated but never liquid"

Diana stands up, her costume charred, wet and smoke damaged. Her hair is dripping wet and messy. Her makeup is smeared and running down her face and she's missing one of her latex elf ears. Her skin is red from the flames. She looks terrible, miserable, and obviously in pain.

She casts her eyes toward Rob, and mouths a sincere, "Thank you."

She looks around at the gathered monsters. "Ok, Now I'm mad!"

D'Raven

First Post
With a slightly defeated look about him D'Raven makes his way over to the injured women trying close to both if possible. Looks between them and sighs. "Don't get the wrong idea ladies, I'm taken. My inner white knight calls for defending others. Don't get insulted either, you're the ones injured. But it seems my chains do nought against Aoe... Let's try this." With what seems to be a salute he motions with the sword towards the flame eyed one, then plants the sword and his chains shoot out wrapping around his foe attempting to reel him in.

[sblock=OoC] he moves attempting to get with in regen range of both which I think is 30 feet. If he can't he'll hang closer to Diana the one that was on fire. Hopefully they'll be in range when it goes off next turn. His standard actions to attempt a grapple vs the flame thrower using his chains which are extra limbs, if I can I'll free action to 'snap' the cains back, or if he gets close enough on his own I get an additional +2 when I get my actual hands on him. Attack is +1, Str is 2 elongation adds +4, effect is 6. Turns out I suck at this... For now.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Scott would have met up sooner if it had not been for the late arrival, demons popping up everywhere and what not. Topping it all off still getting used to his high tech suit that was just a mere Iron Man costume a few moments ago. It was fortunate that he didn't blast through too many walls just to get used to the flight. After a few crazy flights and some blasting, the suit's operation system was starting to become more clear and understanding. Turning his visor off and flying around hoping to find his friends, he finally seems them but before even a wave of happiness he was rudely interupted by a charging Hezrou. Barely managing to dodge it, he turns his visor back to red, raises his open hands for the awesomely cliché palm laser blasts, and attempts to hit the wretch. No time to talk now, instead blasty blasty, and distract it away from anyone else in a hope to save people.

[sblock=Description]
Never was good at explaining any armour, so hopefully this screen shot helps hehe. There is a winged jetpack on the back that boosts the flight.
Costume_BBs_Protector Armor_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_Crop.jpg
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Raivon winks suggestively at the pyro and starts flying away. "damn, I love cosplay chicks!" the man grins "Come on, demon babe, Why you with those loosers? You belong with a HOT guy like me." He laughs at his own stupid joke, then glares over at Rob as he drenches Diana, putting out the flames that threatened to consume even more of her already tattered and revealing outfit.

Diana stands furiously glaring at the monsters. Loose items nearby begin flying and peppering monsters, annoying but not seemingly too painful.

The Red-eyed pyro frowns "Water boy eh? EAT THIS!" and flings a bolt of fire at Rob. D'raven, moving into position near the girls, reaches out and snuffs the fire out of the air with his chains.

Juan summons a giant flail and drops it on some nearby monsters, but only manages to squish a single wolf as others scatter.

Finally with a jet-roar, Scott zooms up and blasts away at one of the demons point blank, the demon evaporating under the furious assault of energy, while off to the side the other demon remains locked in a struggle with Alzoll the Glabrezu.

OOC:
Raivon - Just noticed you actually don't have listed what conditions your 'charm' applies. We'll have to figure those out, but in the meantime he made the save anyways.
Scott - Sorry I didn't make it clearer, the Hezrou was attacking Jim (Me. :p), but you can still blast it and save my butt, and much appreciated it is. :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads