D&D 3E/3.5 Jewish magic items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's not focused on magic items, and was for d20 Modern rather than 3.X, but I remember the "Scion of Masada" advanced class from Skortched Urf' Studios as being pretty awesome. They're basically super-elite MOSSAD agents, trained in mystical as well as martial combat. You'd only need a tiny amount of tweaking (e.g. changing the skill list) to use the class in 3.X.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to be sold on its own anymore, now only being offered as part of the Dept. 7 Full Monty bundle (please note that this is an affiliate link).

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Back in the bad old days of 2E I made a Zealot Warrior kit for the Roman Era, has anyone developed classes, backgrounds, or feats for Jewish characters?

Sadras

Legend
Testament is a D&D 3e sourcebook for Biblical-themed campaigns. I recommend it - it treats the source material (both religious and archeological) with respect. Covers Israelite, Canaanite, Babylonian, and Egyptian cultures. Includes a Mythic Era chapter, if you want to visit Noah / Gilgamesh / similar individuals from before recorded history.
Written by Green Ronin.

This sounds like a great source book!

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend

Sadras

Legend
Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era. A bit different from their Egyptian Adventures Hamunaptra. Testament is for adventuring in mythical Biblical Era earth so no elves and such and it has all new classes to match biblical era concepts while Hamunaptra is for adding an Egyptian area into a D&D setting so elves and gnolls and such are integrated into the empire and patroned by the gods.

Goodness, there is a whole slew of books here - The Targum Magazine, The Hittites...etc
Very impressive, had never seen these before.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Ars Magica's Kabbalah: Mythic Judaism comes to mind.

The Mythic Judaism book is AWESOME, I wish there was something like it for D&D or Pathfinder. The Knights Adventurous supplement for the Pendragon game had at least a little content dealing with Jews in medieval Europe, more than I have seen in any D&D books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads