Jewish RPG Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I am a fan of historical role-playing games, but there is not a lot of good content from a Jewish point of view. So I have started a group for sharing and collaborating on Jewish oriented content in RPGs, both D&D and other systems. I am interesting in seeing any content anyone has featuring Jewish historical figures or legendary characters, items and creatures from Jewish folklore, or adventures featuring events from Jewish history. Have you played a Jewish character or been in a game that involved events in Jewish history? Do you know of any games written from a Jewish point of view? Please share...
The Jewish RPG Workshop

I can't remember the name off hand but I do remember there being a d20/3.x book out for roleplaying in the Biblical times. I do remember the Judge feat being super beefy for obvious reasons

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I can't remember the name off hand but I do remember there being a d20/3.x book out for roleplaying in the Biblical times. I do remember the Judge feat being super beefy for obvious reasons
That would be Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era, by Green Ronin Publishing. It had a few supporting products made for it, such as Testament: The Hittites, No Other Gods, and four issues of Targum Magazine.

Skortched Urf' Studios also had their Scion of Masada supplement for d20 Modern.

Please be aware of my use of affiliate links in this post.

aramis erak

Legend
I'll note that there is very little detail, but 5th C CE Judaism has a set of religious traits in Pendragon and a couple pages basic information.
Jews religious traits: Chaste, Energetic, Just, Prudent, Temperate. If all 5 are 16+, +3 HP and +1 Healing Rate

Christians are: Chaste, Forgiving, Merciful, Modest, Temperate, for +6 HP.
Pagans (Cymric): Lustful, Energetic, Generous, Honest, Proud, for +2 Healing rate...

This is suboptimal; my one jewish player was always annoyed that Judaism was treated mechanically as "half pagan, half christian."

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I'll note that there is very little detail, but 5th C CE Judaism has a set of religious traits in Pendragon and a couple pages basic information.
Jews religious traits: Chaste, Energetic, Just, Prudent, Temperate. If all 5 are 16+, +3 HP and +1 Healing Rate

Christians are: Chaste, Forgiving, Merciful, Modest, Temperate, for +6 HP.
Pagans (Cymric): Lustful, Energetic, Generous, Honest, Proud, for +2 Healing rate...

This is suboptimal; my one jewish player was always annoyed that Judaism was treated mechanically as "half pagan, half christian."
I have the Knights Adventurous supplement, but never played Pendragon, so I never noticed this. I was just thrilled to see actual content for Jewish characters in a game.

aramis erak

Legend
I have the Knights Adventurous supplement, but never played Pendragon, so I never noticed this. I was just thrilled to see actual content for Jewish characters in a game.
If you've not played it, it's a worthy game. But the inclusion of Jews in 3E+KA and in later is to match a historical footnote: there was a Jewish diasporic community in what is now England in the 3rd C and later. It's not, however, in the area which is the primary play area: Salisbury.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Pastrami of Healing! Bagel of Protection +2! Lox of Water Breathing! Irving's Irresistible Kvetch! A cleric that calls down Flame Strike with a menorah! Do it!

Feh. So look, I tried to get my son into magical school, but he couldn't stand the smell of bat guano. And I tried to get him to fight, but he couldn't stand the sight of blood. So I had him be a scribe.

So you see...this is the dungeon where I kept the treasure...and this is the dungeon I wouldn't go to for
anything.

Look, the curse, we remove it,
nu? I know the rabbi, he casts remove curse, it's done. He's right by the restaurant, they have the best food from Shou Lung in Waterdeep.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads